Conversation about the current outage - Aug. 16-19/23

Their host doesn’t use the same servers as we do, meaning a server is either dedicated to iFastNet, InfinityFree or the other company.

Thanks for the update!

“Unfortunately, some data was permanently lost and could not be recovered. Accounts experiencing the 404 and FTP home directory errors have all lost their files.”

very worrying on a hosting service (I know I know, it’s free and I0m grateful, but… i guess this could happen too on ifasnet as the servers are there?)

4 Likes

I also found the FTP site is working and all site files were missing. I re-uploaded my files and the site is up and running again.

2 Likes

Mine looks gone… …116 (natural-balance.great-site.net)
Details for ftp login look wrong…

It’s possible the restoration is still happening gradually, and not all accounts have been properly restored.
If the issue persists, resetting your hosting account password via the client area may be needed.

4 Likes

It can happen on any server from any provider. There are some variables of course, like how the server is configured, what hardware is being used and how the storage is being used.

But disk corruptions are not contagious diseases that can easily affect infect nearby systems. So this problem happening on premium hosting is about as likely as this happening on any other hosting.

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: How to restore a phpBB forum from a database backup

in my website undert htdocs folder all of my folder are deleted automatically. Why this happened and how can I back my website back? Please any one help me

Please read

Do you have a backup? If not, no one can help you.

5 Likes

Will I get my files again?

Please read the response above:

4 Likes

Please read: Missing / Deleted Files, Error 403/404, FTP 421 Home directory not available - #65 by Admin