Softaculous Apps Installer not launching

Hello

This is a public forum, so we keep all conversations here for future reference.

If you don’t want your forum account associated with these posts, you can delete your client area profile (Which since you say this service is garbage, probably won’t be a big deal).

5 Likes

At least censor the DOMAIN NAME that I included in the Original Post. If you don’t I will file GDPR Article 15 requests, and cause you a big headache. Delete my OP all together, to avoid all trouble.

Just anonymize your current forum account by deleting the hosting account, it is not that deep.

6 Likes

I think you need to read article 15 first, because it has nothing to do with this.

Also GDPR is about PII, or personally identifiable information. Domain names are not PII, and are not covered under GDPR

8 Likes

I believe that you could look up someone’s information by the domain ownership?

4 Likes

This is a public forum thread. Forum threads are not deleted; and InfinityFree reserves every right to keep it public, especially since it has a comment from another user which may need to be addressed.

Unless you believe the users of this forum can read minds, we have no possible way of knowing what you have tried or not. Instead of being offended, you could share the steps you have already taken next time, to ensure that the suggestions offered are not something you have already done.

I tried creating a new hosting account some hours ago, to verify the issue, and the creation process worked fine. I’m not sure if you’re just unlucky and happen to be assigned to servers that might be broken; I assume you have also tried repeating the process, creating yet another new hosting account and seeing if it isn’t broken?

The good news is, the issue has been reported, so a fix is being worked on and will eventually be released. However it is understandable that you may not wish to use this hosting platform, so in this case, good luck with your new provider.

You should be able to edit posts and remove that yourself.
Correction: New users cannot do that, but you may ask the moderation team to do so.

That’s on them; if they don’t have Domain Privacy enabled, this happens. No responsibility for that falls on the public forum they shared that domain to.
Besides, InfinityFree’s terms of service are pretty clear on what you sign up for:

• Your User Submissions are entirely voluntary.
  • Your User Submissions do not establish a confidential relationship or obligate InfinityFree to treat your User Submissions as confidential or secret.
8 Likes

If your not using some sort of domain protection, then yes, I suppose you could.

But domain names themselves are not considered PII, while the WHOIS data itself is.

As a new user, the OP would not have the ability to do that.

If you ask nicely, you may be able to get a member of the moderation team to remove it for you, but note that we are in no way obliged to remove anything.

8 Likes

Thank you for the correction; I was never a new user in Discourse, so I’m not very familiar with the territory :joy:

I’ve now corrected the original post and added the relevant portions of the terms of service regarding user contributions to the forum.

5 Likes

Thank you everyone!

5 Likes

Spamming the same post 3 times isn’t getting your “request” processed sooner.
I am once again going to link you to a post that was made on the request of a similar user:

By the way, publicly sharing your name on a public forum isn’t the smartest thing to do. You should have communicated your request via email.

6 Likes

Will the CONTENTS of my posts also be deleted by way of the method you have provided?

You stated: “That way, your (forum) name, email address, login history will all be erased completely and irrecoverably.”

This does not include the sensitive information that appears in my posts.

You are obviously personally offended by the fact that this thread exposes how big of a GARBAGE-website this is.

1. I open an account
  2. I incur a problem
  3. I am guided in solving that in a specific manner
  4. That specific manner did not work, but instead increased an ADDITIONAL problem
  5. I decide to ditch your garbage platform, but you are so offended by my language that your AUTISTIC NECKBEARD -brain plays little games with me, instead of deleting everything manually.

Last chance; Will you delete everything MANUALLY or shall I file suit? You have already violated enough Articles by wrongfully not complying with Article 12 - you have no issued me a REFERENCE NUMBER to my request; this in itself is sufficient, neglecting your neglection of the GDPR not being preemptable by your Terms & Services.

You are digging this hole deeper. But only you will wind up in it.

Read here:

You have already violated Article 12(4):

" 4. If the controller does not take action on the request of the data subject, the controller shall inform the data subject without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt of the request of the reasons for not taking action and on the possibility of lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority and seeking a judicial remedy."

Would you like me to continue down the list of precise violations of the GDPR, or will you finally start acting in a legally compliant manner?

Like I said, I will not hesitate, if need be, to lodge a complaint and file suit. Pick wisely. I have extended a hand … delete EVERYTHING (including the contents of this thread).

They won’t and its not required as Admin said:

6 Likes

Mate, GDPR does not apply here.

The only personal information you have on this forum is what you put in those long posts of yours, and since they are spam, I deleted them. So you don’t have any PII on this forum.

If you want your personal information removed from InfinityFree, I can deactivate your forum account, just let me know if that is what you want. Note that you want be able to use the forum again if I do.

Also, don’t use AI on the forum. For one, it’s wrong about parts of the GDPR law, and two, it makes things up and changes the meaning of your posts.

6 Likes

Domain names and PII are a difficult subject. When you look at what’s written regarding domain names and the GDPR, most of what’s written refers to the WHOIS information of a domain name, a way to look up who owns a domain name. That used to be public information, but since 2016, most registrars and registries have moved to hiding this information by default. For .nl domains, there is no public WHOIS information anymore.

The domain name text itself is generally not considered when thinking about personal information, even though it can definitely be. But it doesn’t have to be, you can also have a domain name that does not include your name or anything else that could be used to identify you.

There are cases where data that is originally PII is no longer PII because of how the person is using it. The name “John Doe” is PII. But if John founds a company “John Doe Consultancy”, then “John Doe Consultancy” is the company name, which is no longer considered PII because a company is not a person. You can’t then sue the Chamber of Commerce for making your name public, you chose to make your personal name part of the company name. That was your decision.

I think a similar mechanism applies to domain names.

In general, domain names are not considered to be confidential. Many registries make public which domains have been registered. WHOIS lookups and DNS lookups can be used to ascertain which domains exist. If you obtain an SSL certificate, it will be logged in the Certificate Transparency Logs, which are an immutable record of every SSL certificate and the domain(s) they are valid for. And all of this public information is being collected, processed and redistributed by many other entities.

If you did not want your legal name to be public, you should not have made it part of your domain name.

Besides that, this is a public forum. All messages anyone publishes here are visible for the entire world to see. And generally all posts here are collected, searched and stored by search engine, web archival services and more. Even if we were to delete the data here, that doesn’t mean it’s gone from the internet.

Our stance is that any information you choose to publish here is information you have chosen to make public. We did not publish your domain name, you did. Knowingly and willingly.

We believe that the contents of forum posts are not sensitive information, because they only contain information you have chosen to make public. Therefore, the privacy impact of keeping them is minimal. We don’t erase all forum posts when a forum profile is deleted because that would create gaps in topics you have participated in. But these topics are a valuable resources to others, such as other InfinityFree users with similar questions. So we have an interest in maintaining those posts. We believe that our interest in maintaining the integrity of our forum weighs more strongly than the privacy impact of the contents of forum posts. Therefore, we do not delete forum posts.

8 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Softaculous: Something went wrong. Please allow 20 minutes then retry

Alrighty

Per the various DMs you sent me, your forum profile is now completely anonymized - which is a valid action under GDPR law.

Your welcome

10 Likes

No more LawyerGPT responses!

6 Likes

Unless they create a new account and start over…

3 Likes

Get ready to be kicked out I guess.

3 Likes