Redirecting to “Turn Cookies on or off” - Google Support

Shh…(why am i doing that?) most users don’t know about that, saying InfinityFree could make the statement more understandable

2 Likes

See, iFastNet is the one who owns and runs the servers, not InfinityFree. InfinityFree is just a reseller of iFastNet’s MyOwnFreeHost.

4 Likes

I know that… but most users don’t…
So saying InfinityFree makes the statement more understandable and makes more sense to the majority of the users

1 Like

Okay. But still it’s iFastNet’s work.

2 Likes

Exactly these two problems on this account as well: epiz_26113273
Kindly help.
Is there an ETA?

I have investigated the issue.

There seems to be some kind of issue between our free hosting servers and Cloudflare. Websites that do not use Cloudflare are protected with a browser validation system. Websites that do use Cloudflare are exempt from this, because Cloudflare provides sufficient protection.

But it appears that something changed and now the browser validation challenge is also presented on sites that use Cloudflare. And for some reason, the cookie that’s generated in the browser is not received properly by the server.

The issue appears to manifest themselves in one of two scenarios:

• The website page just redirects a few times and then goes to the Google cookie page.
  • The web page itself loads, but all linked assets (CSS, Javascript, images, etc.) don’t load because those URLs load the browser validation challenge instead.

My best guess at this time is that the deciding factor between these two is that sites with Flexible SSL see scenario #1 and and sites with Full SSL see scenario #2. But it doesn’t really matter, the site is pretty much broken either way.

As a workaround, you could try disabling the Cloudflare proxy on your site. Please note that this may result in SSL errors, so you may need to install a new, trusted SSL certificate on your site for it to work.

In any case, I’ve forwarded these findings to iFastNet too, so now we just need to wait for them to fix this.

7 Likes

Thank you … Just a quick FYI … In my case this (scenario 2) is only occurring on sites where site files are stored in htdocs, and not where site files are stored in sitename dot com slash htdocs.

Regarding the workaround, would we need to install a new certificate with Cloudfare or an alternative provider? If alternative, can anyone recommend one?

The way I discovered to do this is via InfinityFree - SSL Certificates you just request an SSL like you’d normally do without cloudflare.

Then take the Source and Destination on the page and paste those into a CNAME Record in Cloudflare in the DNS > Records page and make sure that its set to DNS only and not proxied.

then return back to InfinityFree and refresh the page and you should have a button appear that says Request Certificate, should work after that.

2 Likes

I have 4 websites where the htdocs is inside the domain folder (sitename dot com, sitename dot uk and sitename dot co dot uk) and they are down.

Per mentioned by Admin.

As a temporary walk-around to this issue until it’s resolved, login to the Cloudflare account you’re using and click on your website, then click DNS tab and select Records, and select the records you’re experiencing this issue on, and disable the Proxy to DNS Only, then save it.

Once you’ve done that, if you experience any SSL Certificate errors, follow what I mentioned.

I was having the same exact issues as everyone else, and doing this has fixed everything.
You might have to press SHIFT + F5 to refresh the Cache incase everything still appears broken after doing all this.

6 Likes

THX above helped!

Thanks. I had to follow the 2 steps mentioned.

followed the two steps:
Website fixed
but still facing SSL error.
site loading in http and not https

Correction: SSL error resolved after creating another new certificate.

Although site is still redirecting to /?i=1

That’s normal. If the site redirects once to ?i=1 and then works, then that’s how all sites that are not using Cloudflare work as well.

3 Likes

The issue has been fixed! For most accounts at least, there are still a few remaining sites that don’t seem to work quite right.

Anyone that has implemented the workaround to disable Cloudflare is free to enable Cloudflare again.

6 Likes

Oh guys I think I’ve ballsed my website up!
I thought that there was an issue with my wordpress site…so clicked on “update” in Softaculous, which it apparently did update…but then I lost all styling on the website apart from the basic html.
I then found this thread!
I have disabled the proxies on cloudflare and I have generated an SSL. I have a source and destination but don’t know where to put this in cloudflare…

If I add a new record in cloudflare and select CNAME it asks me for “name” and “target”…yet infinityfree ssl gave me “source” and “destination”…where am I meant to put the source and destination in cloudflare?! lol

Okay ignore that - soooo

Ive deleted the newly made SSL in infinity free
Turned the proxies back on the 4 records in cloudflare…

And now I wait…let’s see if it’s fixed.

Yeahhhh…not fixed.
The domain loads the site (it didn’t before when I changed cloudflare settings) but my once lovely wordpress site now looks like it has no CSS. It’s all basic html.
Can anyone help?

EDIT:
Now I’m getting:
Bad Gateway 502
Browser: Working
Cloudflare: Working
Host: Error

EDIT2:
Okayyy so it seems we’re all back up and running…
Next time I won’t touch a thing and just let you guys sort it! haha

Hello, everyone! I’m experiencing the same problem as in the original topic (and I was literally going crazy). Thanks to God, the user SpookyKipper pointed me to this topic. Now, I’ve followed the instructions of record9980, and the website is working, but I’m not sure when I can reactivate the Proxy on Cloudflare!

Anyway, thanks a lot, record9980, because you saved my day!

If the admin can help me by taking a look at my website, I’ll be really grateful for it! Thanks for your work, guys, as always!

USER: epiz_30921126