MySQL Unable To Connect / PHPMyAdmin Unable To Connect

MySQL Unable To Connect / PHPMyAdmin Unable To Connect

Due to DNS Issues within the ‘’ domain, MySQL domains are having trouble connecting to the database.
Additionally, an error is occurring in the client area code that is (probably) sending incorrect credentials to the PHPMyAdmin Application.

Which components are affected by this issue

What issues may you see

  • “Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception”
  • “Failed to connect to MySQL: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known”
  • “Unable To Connect”
  • “Connection Timed Out”

When will this issue be resolved

We are doing our best to get these issues resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough details to tell how soon that will be. Fortunately, all of these issues have a workaround that will work for all accounts.

What can you do to fix this

My Issue: Logging into PHPMyAdmin via the Client Area (

  1. Open the InfinityFree ClientArea (
  2. Select the account
  3. Select the “Control Panel” button
  4. Scroll down and choose “PHPMyAdmin”
  5. Select the action button for the database you want to access

My Issue: Connecting to MySQL via a domain (

  1. Access your applications database settings. Google is your friend :slight_smile:
  2. Replace (with “xxx” being numbers) with (With “xxx” being the same numbers from the original URL)


  • November 30: First report

We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I completely understand that this may cause confusion and you will have additional questions. I am happy to provide any information I have to help you.

However, to keep the contents of this topic clean, clear and concise, I ask that you carefully read the Outage Communication Rules before posting.

In a nutshell:

  • Please keep the posts about the outage in this topic, and all posts not about this outage outside of this topic.
  • Please post relevant questions only that have not been answered yet. It may be compelling to ask obvious questions like “when will this be fixed”, but basic information like that will be put in this message as soon as we know it.
  • Please carefully check the known symptoms and affected components.
    • If you are on the affected components, you are almost certainly affected by the outage. If so, please refrain from simply stating you are affected, it does not help get your service back up faster.
    • If you are not on the affected components but do experience all of the symptoms, please say so below so we can check if our list is incomplete.
    • If you do not experience all listed issues and are not on the components that are known to be affected, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to this outage. If so, please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there.
  • If you say you are affected by the outage, please always include your website URL. I can’t check if you are affected by the outage if you don’t say which of your websites is affected.

Posts that do not follow these rules may be deleted without warning. This is to help ensure that all the relevant information is easily available to everyone reading this topic.


Leaders (@KangJL @wackyblackie @Thewebuser22 @ChrisPAR) - Please Unlist and Lock duplicate topics that are about an error message in the post above. If you want, leave a reply directing to this link. Do not merge posts to this one.
InfinityFree Moderation


A post was split to a new topic: Getting ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED on websites

I can connect to PMA via the Client area, its just dead slow

Cant really check the database domain for now, im on a mobile device


I have just checked the issue and I am unable to reproduce it. Database connections from both websites themselves and phpMyAdmin (when accessed through the client area) appear to be working fine.

If there is any account for which this issue hasn’t been resolved yet, please reply below. Please do make sure it’s actually this issue though, and you have done the usual troubleshooting steps first.


Someone(not me) contacted iFastNet directly and it’s fixed


OK, I suppose that means the issue is resolved then. Thanks everyone who helped with this!


A post was split to a new topic: Http 500

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.