20000 forum users - Awesome Special Event!

You can use the make wiki function to edit post

8 Likes

Oh, didn’t know it.

7 Likes

So now you know. With great power comes greater responsibility…
Just remember to close wiki after edit

8 Likes

Let me try it!

I added a HTML comment on the post before mine.

7 Likes

Tada…!!!

7 Likes

With time someone tries to post a link (link = spam = not allowed)
besides that, we had several such topics and very quickly become offtopic

11 Likes

Leaders have never been able to edit posts, for the entirety of the just over 3 years I’ve been a mod (wow! Time sure does fly!)

I don’t think leaders can edit the title/category either, but not 100% sure on that one.

Unfortunately, that just creates a cesspool for spam and unwanted activity. Most people come to the forum because their website is not working, or because they got suspended for illegal activity. Giving that group of people (specifically the latter) the option for a free backlink is not a good idea.

I never really liked the topics that Oxy mentioned, but since nothing really bad has happened (yet) I’ve let them slide, and I believe Oxy has done the same.

Yes, that is true. However, the edits you make are still viewable in the edit history, so don’t use it to hide sensitive info (as it can still be seen by search engines, and it makes it 10x harder for us mods to catch it).

Very true!

9 Likes

It’s a bit weird because with bulk actions it gives you the “Set Category” option:

But, I’ve tried it before and it doesn’t do anything.

And the same goes for setting a timer. As far as I’ve tried you can only auto-close a topic if you choose “after the last reply”. If you try to set a fixed amount of days it doesn’t work.

But what happens if a post was made one minute ago and you saw sensitive details and you make it a wiki to edit it, would it still show the revision?

7 Likes

That’s probably because the action is blocked to you as a leader, yet the UI option is still there for some reason. Weird.

Probably, yes, since the edit was done by a different user then the one who created the post.

Hi this is a test - YT

7 Likes

Yes, it would. And what I saw before was the proof!

6 Likes

I :heart: logs!

Don’t ask why I view logs in notepad

WTF is this?

http://archive.hack.lu/2017/hacklu-crypto-api.pdf

8 Likes

Why not use Notepad++ ??

7 Likes

Nah. VSCode is superior :sunglasses:
(Especially for me as Notepad++ once expressed hostility to China. Some started to boycott it ever since.)

8 Likes

I was forced to use that on a managed machine in time, and it sucks! Maybe that’s just because I’m not used to it, but it seemed to be like a glorified text editor from when GUIs first started appearing. (Fine, a bit harsh, but the interface was :nauseated_face:)

I like Sublime the best for actual coding/programming, but use notepad for reading log files and such (Mostly because I have the line height on Sublime set pretty skinny, so it can be hard to read multi-line errors/logs).

And there, you have the reason :slight_smile:

7 Likes

VSCode takes forever to update, and forever to open. I use it for the little bit of C# and on-machine Java I do, but that’s it.

8 Likes

You sure that isn’t a computer problem? I have 4GB of RAM and I can open it relatively fast.

9 Likes

I don’t think it’s the computer, and it is for sure not RAM. I have 32gb of it.

7 Likes

Well, then, I am not sure why it takes so long for you. VSCode is lightweight.

8 Likes

Wait … which one are we talking about?

I thought that Visual Studio and VSCode were the same thing, they are not?

This is what I have:

8 Likes

Indeed they aren’t; VSCode (or as most people call it Visual Studio Code) loads faster, even with an SSD installed!

10 Likes