Wordpress website migrate

On clausweb is only hosted the files of ngac.ro. I bought the domain ngac.ro from hosterion. They still provide only tye domain ngac.ro.

Please note that you only need to complete ONE of the verification options. As you can see, the Nameserver Validation is already completed, you don’t need to setup a CNAME record.

Just click the Add Domain button and the domain will be added.

The verification options are mutually exclusive, there is no way to make them both pass. So please don’t try to.

7 Likes

Thank you.

Like that?

Yes, that’s looking good so far, the domain is added!

The next step is to migrate your website to the new directory, and change the site URL again:

6 Likes

I have been trying for many times to archive htdocs folder directly from the file manager from the website infinityfree, but I continuously receive the error from the attached print screen.

Now, I am trying to download the whole htdocs folder with filezila, and after that, upload it on ngac.ro. I tried the same thing with filezilla yesterday, but it seems that it couldn’t download the whole htdocs directory. Do you have any other ideas how to zip the folder first, and download it as a zip archive, so I can move it to ngac.ro domain ? I think there is no way to move it as it is, directly, without downoading it, from testngac.rf.gd to ngac.ro. Thank you.

Not possible on free hosting. You have to do it the filezilla way

5 Likes

Then you’d be mistaken, because there is definitely a way to migrate your website to a different domain without having to download and reupload your entire site!

Simply follow this guide to do it:

6 Likes

It seems that I succeed with FileZilla to download and upload the whole htdocs folder from testngac.rf.gd to ngac.ro, Still ngac.ro doesn’t work. Is there any way to just be 100% sure that all the many files from htdocs was downloaded and uploaded how they should? If after the double check that all the files from htdocs directory from testngac.rf.gd are uploaded on the htdocs from ngac.ro what else I must to, in order as the ngac.ro to work as testngac.rf.gd? Thank you.

Seeing how both domains are on the same account, this will result in doubled amount of inodes which might break the limit.

First, delete /ngac.ro/htdocs. Then try right clicking the /htdocs folder and seek if there is any “cut” / “move” options. If they are present, then use it to just move the folder to /ngac.ro.

If not, then after making sure you have downloaded everything, delete everything inside the online /htdocs, to make sure inode limit isn’t surpassed.

Please read the guide Admin posted really carefully; it’s not that hard.

4 Likes

I have tried with cut-paste, from the @Admin guide. andothing happened, nothing moved, and no error, or any other message.

If FilleZilla said successful when download the uploaded htdocs folder. That’s mean that everything from the folder is 100% downloadedcand uploaded correctly, isn’t it?

Yes. FileZilla is just that reliable. If an error occurred you will be able to see it.

Probably because there’s already an empty htdocs in it. You’ll have to delete that empty folder for you to move it.

8 Likes

I tried before, when there were no htdocs in it? Any ideas please, why the site is still not working, please?

It seems that your site tried to use HTTPS without actually supporting it.

See

4 Likes

Thank you very much. It should work, now?

Setting up CNAME Record isn’t and was never the final step of securing your site.

Please read this carefully:

9 Likes

I appreciate @Frank419 Can you

say please, if now, should work? Thank you.

1. Did you see the text at the top of that .htaccess file that says DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE? Apparently not, because you edited that file. Delete whatever code you added from that file, and create a new .htaccess file in the /ngac.ro/htdocs directory with the code you want to use.

2. You can’t force SSL if you don’t have an SSL certificate installed. You requested the certificate (Post 85), but you have not installed it. You need to install the certificate first (Which is done after the CNAME records are verified)

7 Likes

Tank you @Greenreader9
It will be ok, now, please?

It should work now, but it can still take up to 15 minutes for the certificate to actually start working.

See that big green banner in your last image.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.