Why the home page show mixed content when visiting the websites by moibile

Both websites are loading securely for me now, and are forcing HTTPS.

Is that what you see on your end?

1 Like

Hi Chris,

Thank you for providing the related details.

After cleared cache & cookies as instructed, the issue still persists. Perhaps it related to http/https (see the attached screenshot), right?

Also, the featured image option is not showed up. Please find the theme provider’s advice.

"Most likely this is a server issue. Maybe ask your host to increase your server limitations.

In general, the following are the recommended values:

• the PHP memory limit set to 512MB
  • the max post size bigger or equal to 50MB
  • the WP-memory limit 128/256 MB
  • the max upload size 50 MB
  • the max input vars 2500
  • and ideally the max execution time should be around 300."

The issue is showing on Google, not Chrome when visiting the website by mobile.

Hi Greenreader9

Thank you for your assistance.

The mixed contents sometimes show on Google (see below), using Chrome is much better.

As per forcing HTTPS, could you please teach me how to do that? As I have other websites to do so as well as I would like to cancel the self-certificate showing “unsafe” (see below)

It seems to me that this is an issue with the theme, so please ask the theme developer to optimize their code to reduce their system requirements.

Who is right? Is it a server issue or a code issue? That’s a matter of opinion.

But what I see is a mostly static site. It shouldn’t take a lot of power to run. It shouldn’t need half a GB of memory per request, which then takes 5 minutes to run. But that’s exactly what those limits demand. And I don’t think that this is acceptable. I think that the system requirements of Elementor are unreasonably high and that the error is with them, not with us. But I’m sure that they think their expectations are reasonable and that we should just provide more server power.

In any case, servers aren’t free, and so there is only so much we can give you for free, which is not enough for Elementor. So your options are either to find/buy bigger hosting, or stop using Elementor.

3 Likes

Dear Sirs,

I used Kadence theme for all websites they are currently encountering this issue. Convergence.cf has Elementor but Delicious-food.cf doesn’t have. Once deactived all plugins the featured image option shows or activated the Kadence theme plugin still shows. If activated Kadence Block plugin or others then the Featured Image was not showing up.

OK, I may have gotten some of the details wrong, but I think my general point still stands. Requiring half a GB of memory and 5 minutes to be able to show an image on a page is not reasonable in my opinion.

5 Likes

Dear Sirs,

As I am a beginner, not familiar with this. Could you please let me know how to fix it? That means you or the theme developer can do so, please explain the issue you found with professional solutions if you advise.

I expect to receive your response with solutions promply because my clients are chasing me to fix right away.

Once again, thank you for your assistance and sorry for any inconvience caused.

This is free hosting. If you expect faster response, upgrade to premium hosting

4 Likes

Your site is still working perfectly fine for me. And everyone here who has checked it also do not see any issues.

It’s working fine over HTTPS, is working fine on mobile, it’s working fine on desktop. It also loads over HTTP, while should really be fixed with some htaccess, but it still works.

Really? Considering your website took a long time to load for me the first time, that means it haven’t had some visitors in awhile, as WPs cron manager was built up a bunch of tasks.

Also, considering most of your site is just placeholder text, and the numbers you advertise look suspicious high for a un completed website, I higher doubt you have multiple clients telling you to fix your site.

Also, stating “I have clients coming after me”, true or not true, is not going to get you help any faster.

6 Likes

Hi KangJL,

Thank you for interest in my business communication and delivery of promotional message. I got useful information on Community Guides you posted, such as How to install, setup and update WordPress correctly - Community Guides - InfinityFree Forum. That’s great! Thank you so much for your contribution.

Hi Greenreader9,

It is nice to hear from you again. I really appreciate that you and your professional support guys spent your valuable time on handling my issues. May I clarify with you regarding “It also loads over HTTP, while should really be fixed with some htaccess, but it still works.” You mean the website cannot be forced to HTTPS by you, right? Due to this issue, sometime I still see mixed contents? Do I need to open Cloudflare account for this as per your instruction A Full Guide To Cloudflare - Community Guides - InfinityFree Forum?

Apology for making you feel confused. Let me explain what these websites with my role first. Most of websites are for testing purpose but also my clients’ templates. As I will assist all of them to build their own websites with these templates. Ensuring that all websites can be edited by me and they are normally worked, otherwise, how can I add my clients’ data onto these templates based on their requests? In addition to the template developer’s advice, they asked me to seek your assistance for handling “not showing up Featured Images option on Post”. No doubt I fully understood and really appreciated all of you promptly replied to me but I am afraid of misunderstanding message generated and pointed out my situation. Hopefully you can understand that. Definitely yes, I need to build a completed website like this one https://tinkertechlab.com for my clients shortly based on your support.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank InfinityFree and all support guys for providing a lot of information with your professional service.

No, that’s not what I meant. I meant “The website loads perfectly fine over both HTTP and HTTPS”. I also meant that “You should force HTTPS on your website do your visitors don’t see the insecure version”.

It is 100% possible to force HTTPS.

7 Likes

Hi Greenreader9,

Sorry about that I misunderstood your message and assumed you assisted in forcing HTTPS for this website according to your replied email on 02 July 2023, said “Both websites are loading securely for me now, and are forcing HTTPS.”

I knew you already notified of perfectly fine over both HTTP and HTTPS. That’s why I was concerned if the website used SSL certificate to generate HTTPS should not be fine over HTTP, all traffic should have gone to HTTPS instead. Moreover, you mentioned “It’s working fine on mobile.” Perhaps you used an Apple iPhone, I used Google Chrome on Android that case is similar to Darlene’s issue in Aug 2021 (SSL not working on chrome mobile - Hosting Support - InfinityFree Forum)

For forcing to HTTPS, I have said that previously I tried to force to HTTPS using different methods accordingly but didn’t work. Is it related to SSL Certificate (Warning: “The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers” - HTTPS and SSL - Docs - InfinityFree Forum. Anyway, I will try to do so again and update you later on.

Thank you for your time and help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.