Website files missing on vol1_7, vol1_8 and vol2_8

This is happened on vol8_6 as well. Some pages on my web are 404 now. Please check that too.

Iā€™m sorry, but the information you have given is not enough to really conclude that the same issue is happening here.

• Which website are you talking about?
  • Which pages are missing?
  • Did your entire site go missing or only parts of it?
  • When did those pages go missing?
  • Did pages go missing or did files go missing? We had someone who said their pages in their WordPress site disappeared, but WordPress pages are not files.

Normally, youā€™d be right. But in this case, it seems that there were disks with an older copy of the website files, and they are trying to recover content from those. So writing data now will not overwrite any old data.

7 Likes

I have created the pages again. However, the site is quite slow than earlier. Anyone else seeing the same isssue? I have it in vol1_7.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Website files missing on vol2_8

every hour i check my file manager if i got file backā€¦i dont know when ifastnet would recovery my file n other people fileā€¦and my comment always will be delete by adminā€¦im just need my file back only

2 Likes

I can tell you that:

• Data recovery may take a long time. Think days or even weeks, not hours.
  • There is no guarantee that any data can be recovered at all. We donā€™t normally have backups of free hosting, so the fact that we have a chance of recovery is a lucky accident.

Based on the information Iā€™ve received so far, I expect the chances that your data can be recovered to be way below 50%. So feel free to hope for a successful recovery, just donā€™t expect that it will be.

So wondering when the files will be restored, not if, is extremely optimistic.

Because asking for information thatā€™s already been shared is not a helpful post. And if you donā€™t like the answer, itā€™s not like asking the same question over and over again will make the situation any better.

11 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Website redirect to InfinityFree 403 page

There is php code that does automatic backup for database just as I had written that code. Itā€™s simple and it will work. For htdocs, it is outlined in guidelines of infinityfree that account holders of websites must have a backup saved safely in their own computers or whatever devices they have. It is account holderā€™s responsibility. Always READ GETTING STARTED first before jumping to build a website. Lots of Do;s and donā€™t must be followed when running your websites from any servers.

Have patience guys, it;s being looked into, root cause can be any.

My website is located in vol 2_8.
Any hope it will be recovered? I donā€™t have a backup.

1 Like

The data recovery process has concluded.

For hosting volumes vol1_7 and vol1_8, iFastNet was able to recover and restore an older copy of the data. All data from this backup was restored successfully. Unfortunately, this data was from a backup that was three months old. Any data newer than is lost sadly.

But the same cannot be said for hosting volume vol2_8. There were no backups of this volume, so no data could be recovered. So Iā€™m sorry to say that all websites files on that volume are lost permanently.

9 Likes

Hi. My website was located on the vol1_7 but there is no any files yet. Is there any instruction how to restore it from that backups?

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve been told, any files should have been restored from the backup without any interaction from you. I found the website youā€™re referring to and it does seem like no files have been restored.

Iā€™ll check with iFastNet what happened to it.

5 Likes

Hi, idem here. TY from ARG. Best regards.

Thank you, now it works!

2 Likes

If i understand all correctly. All data on ā€œvol2_8ā€ is done? And there is no way to recover right? :thinking:

Iā€™m having the same issue. None of my files are visible yet. Is there something I can do? My last changes were about 4-5 months ago so Iā€™d assume they would have been in the back up.

Hosting volume vol2_8 was lost completely, unfortunately. We will not be able to recovery any data from it.

Hosting volumes vol1_7 and vol1_8 were largely recovered, supposedly, but it appears that some accounts were not restored correctly. Thatā€™s still being worked on.

7 Likes

Okay. Iā€™m on vol1_7 so I guess Iā€™ll just wait a couple days and check back later.

I have an update about this.

It appears that I was misinformed: the backup that was restored was not from three months ago, but from September last year. Any files that were uploaded or created since September last year, including any newly created accounts, were lost.

The accounts from @w3dd1e were created shortly after the backup was created. So unfortunately, that data is lost.

9 Likes