Some fun facts

I know, I just included that one as a joke. :^)

2 Likes
  • On free hosting, you can add TXT records under the “SPF Records” section of the Control Panel. Now it accepts any data as well, not only values that start with v=spf1 or so! But you can only add TXT records for the root domain on that section - and only for domains under the “Addon Domains” and “Parked Domains” sections and not the “Subdomains” one, so that is a limit.
4 Likes
4 Likes

Wow, I also need to join it now! Or maybe not. Or maybe yes, or maybe not… I’ll decide as I’m so shy right now to join it…

EDIT: Here I am!

And here is a fun fact on myself:

• On the forum, I always add correct punctuation and be polite in each answer. On other platforms, like Discord, I tend to not respect that as they are messaging platforms after all. But on Snapchat… I do apply punctuation when I need it the most.
6 Likes
2 Likes

The news is the signup page instead now! :joy:

4 Likes

This isn’t always true.

While I think that for adding domains to existing accounts, using any DNS name works. But for creating new accounts, it actually checks whether the nameservers are set to ns1.infinityfree.com and ns2.infinityfree.com. Setting the nameservers to anything else (like ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com) does not pass the nameserver checks.

9 Likes

I think it will be more convenient if it would check the IP address of a nameserver instead, since they are mostly basically the same.

It would be even more convenient if there were no DNS checks at all. But we’re not going to do that, because convenience isn’t the purpose of the checks.

There is also the purpose of making sure that other people are not able to add your domain to their account. And making sure that people cannot add a domain to other free hosts that is the owner has configured to use for InfinityFree, or vice versa, is mitigated by checking for the specific nameserver hosts.

11 Likes

This is verified
(Byet Host)

(ProFreeHost)

This can somehow tell that the mofh infrastructure is poorly developed(its panel doesn’t have a sort of upstream reseller check) :joy:

7 Likes

What do you mean? I’m pretty sure the ability to login to any cpanel domain was toted as a feature at some point.

Also, any customizations the host owner made (Like adding in advertisements) should be loaded when you login via a different panel.

5 Likes

It was even better some years ago, where logging in to another reseller’s panel would log you in with your own account, but with the panel configuration of the reseller you were logging in to. This was changed afterwards; I don’t exactly remember why.

Yep, althought it wasn’t always like this :wink:
I disagree in the spirit that if someone has broken their own reseller, their user could still get a backup by logging in to a different panel that isn’t broken with the reseller’s configuration.

6 Likes
  • vPanel had an XSS vulnerability which involved going to /login.php and putting something like this after the URL: /><h1>someone XSS'd this before me lolz ~05</h1>. The vulnerability was patched on Jul 09 2023 08:27:50 (that’s when I recieved ticket update)
    view-source from the XSS:

how it looked like:
9 Likes

Just discorvered this:
There is a real cPanel instance running on https://epizy.com:2083/ , which is probably used by iFastNet themselves.
Similar addresses like rf.gd:2083 , free.nf:2083 didn’t work though. That’s what make me think this panel belongs to ifn.

8 Likes

It’s because that domain is no longer on 185.27 IP. It redirects to sv62.ifastnet11.org and I’m guessing it’s one of the premium hosting server (but it has cPanel ID SSO?).

6 Likes

It gives a redirect to you?
For me it just stays in epizy.com .

That’s one of the cPanel’s features I think

1 Like

Screenshot_20230717-170638~2
Yup, I checked.

5 Likes

Most of the free subdomain base domains are on an iFastNet premium account.

Fun fact: the base domains get so much traffic that even serving 301 redirects with .htaccess rules far exceeds the 50k hits limit.

10 Likes

Just found another fact:

infinityfreeapp.com is registered on XVHOST

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.