Setting A records at the domain registrar direct to https://suspended-website.com/d/

I have created A records on my registras web site to point to the subdomain site I have on Infinityfree. I have copied the IP Addresse from the main panel and used it for the A records
but now it is pointing to iFastNet.com Special offer and Discount Coupon instead of the actual infinty website
What did I do wrong ?
PS, I want the Domain registrar’s servers to handle the dns request’s instead on infinity server especialy that I had payed for SSL certificate too.

Did you assign the domain name to your hosting account? If so, you’ll need to do so first.

We host many thousands of accounts on every single IP address, so you need to tell our system which account and directory you want the domain to be linked to so our servers know which website should be shown on the domain.

You can add the domain to your account through the Domains menu in the client area, or through the Addon Domains and Parked Domains options in the control panel.

You will need to setup some additional DNS records to make that work. Either you can point the domain to our nameservers, or verify the domain with a CNAME record.

If you want to use your domain registrar’s nameservers, that’s no problem. But know that you’ll be able to use your own SSL certificate on our hosting regardless of which nameservers you use.

And also that we provide completely free SSL certificates.

8 Likes

Thanks for the prompt response I will be trying the CNAME methode, hope it doesn’t take too long to propagate.

1 Like

Now that my custom domain has been added, I get a 403 Forbidden page fron Infinity free. (https://errors.infinityfree.net/errors/403/)
I see a new folder added to the my diskspace with the name of my domaine name, and when I try to add an HTML file to it, I get greeted with a “ftp quota reached” do I not have permission to write to this folder ?.

I have noticed that around 250 MB have been taken from the allocated diskspace as well ( not that it bothers me ).

Edit: it finally worked now. thanks for the assistance

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.