NS Record Problem

Hi.

I purchased a domain from get.tech and added NS records as ns1.infinityfree.com & ns2.infinityfree.com. However, there are some unchangeable records where I purchased the domain. When I look at the NS records on https://dnschecker.org/, I can see that infinityfree’s NS records are added, but I cannot add them via the dashboard. What should I do about this? I bought the domain 3 hours ago, ns records were displayed 30 minutes ago, but it was not reflected on the dashboard screen where I bought the domain. Should I wait for this or should I contact the place where I purchased the domain and ask them to delete the NS records that cannot be deleted because I do not have authorization?

You are not using InfinityFree nameservers, you are using Cloudflare nameservers

If you don’t want to change your nameservers, use CNAME verification instead.

7 Likes

This is the first time I’m having such a problem and I still haven’t been able to solve it.

I see two, potentially three problems with the image you shared:

1. This record is wrong:

You need to add a record with the name 9e(...).yoursite.tech and value ns1.byet.org, but you are currently pointing yoursite.tech to 9e(...).yoursite.tech. Fixing that should help.

2. You are trying to create a new account with the domain. As mentioned in the article, and in the error message, if you want to use CNAME verification, you need to first create the account with a subdomain, and then add your existing domain to it:

1. These two NS records are definitely not needed and may cause trouble. Remove them:
7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.