Nameservers/A-records

Looks good

3 Likes

Sweet so just confirming that the way I have everything set up in GoDaddy and InfinityFree should work correctly once the wait for DNS or whatever is over?

Bingo!

3 Likes

Legend thanks for your help!!!

1 Like

I know there are some posts floating around on Softaculous throwing up the message - “Something went wrong, please try again in 20mins”. I am receiving the same message since we last spoke and now 16hrs on, the difference between myself and the other posts is my IP address is in a different range to the ones that have too many new accounts created causing their issue… Do you know what might be causing my issue?

This

Your hosting account is on an affected IP

7 Likes

Hi @KangJL and @Admin
Thankyou both for all your help so far, after chatting on that article linked above, I have created a new account with the same domain and updated goDaddy domain details like we did before. My issue is that this new account has been created for over 72hrs and I get one of three things happen when I go to the website…
1 - It works as it should
2 - I get this domain is parked by goDaddy page
3 - I get this error message - sometimes clearing my cache/cookies fixes this one othertimes it doesnt…

Can you please help me fix this so I can actually have a working website :joy:

Your site’s loading fine for me, except for maybe your logo :joy:. This sounds like a DNS caching issue, try flushing your computer’s DNS cache and clear the browser one as you mentioned and see if it persists. Keep in mind it can take up to 72 hours for everything to work properly, though.

2 Likes

Thats funny cause I just tried again and this is what I see now (completely different to 1 hour ago when I posted that last screenshot)

Nameservers are incorrect, please check your regirar.

3 Likes

What should they be? I thought I can use GoDaddys default nameserver without issues?

Your A record for the new hosting account will most likely be different.

You can. However, you will need to modify your A record.
Did you point the A record to 185.27.134.143?

3 Likes

Yes I did this, please see the picture below for reference

This is what I see

Something seems wrong with you dns entry

I believe your issue was caused by the second IP on the A record

3 Likes

Ok so how do I correct this issue?
Do I create a second entry with the second IP address 34.102.136.180 like I posted here?:

No, this is precisely the cause of your saga. In fact you should try to remove this entry

You have to review your dns entry.
Look out for any CNAME or A record which may be causing this.

2 Likes

Would either of the two below be causing my issue, I cannot see anything that has that IP address written anywhere, how else could it be displayed or what else should I be looking for?

This is the likely culprit

Please remove this A record

3 Likes

I have removed this now and used a DNS checker which has reported back the below

I will report back if I continue to encounter issues :slight_smile:
Thankyou for all your efforts!!

Looking good now

2 Likes