Missing / Deleted Files, Error 403/404, FTP 421 Home directory not available

Hi and welcome to the forum! What is your website URL so I can check?

2 Likes

lyken.rf.gd

1 Like

I also added 185.27.134.98 to the list of IPs that are affected by the maintenance before, as it seems like that IP is affected as well.

4 Likes

For irrelevant questions, comments and conversation about this outage please write here

4 Likes

http://on2aco.rf.gd/aprsdash.php

same here

Your website is on .215, so that is to be expected.

To everyone: Please use a DNS checker tool such as https://dnschecker.org/ to check the IP address your website is on, and share your website URL only if your site is not on the IPs mentioned and you suspect the outage may affect you.

Please remember the Outage Communication rules apply, so any posts saying “me too” without providing any new information will be flagged and deleted without warning.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re-opening and re-pinning this topic because the same servers have gone down again.

8 Likes

UPDATE: Now every server affected by the issue is back up, but for maintenance to the hard drives websites might get a 404 Error and are still not able to connect to FTP. Don’t panic; after they figured out the problem to the hard drives on those groups of servers, they’ll put the drives back in operation for those servers so your website will work again.

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: My website is redirecting somewhere else

Oh, wait, I have a follow-up. Static websites work fine on this group of servers, but dynamic websites (those who rely on PHP) are the problem: they get redirected to the default 404 page instead of the FastCGI 403 there was before. Maybe they’re working on updating PHP on those servers? I don’t know. Let’s hope so though…

4 Likes

The current situation as far as I can tell right now:

The affected website IPs are up, and most sites on them seem to be working. Some sites are still down, showing 404 errors on the website and “421 Home directory not available”. Usually this would indicate a problem with the hosting volume, but other sites on the same hosting volume are working, so it’s not entirely clear what’s the deciding factor there.

Meanwhile, I have not received any clear information from iFastNet yet regarding what is happening here exactly. I’ll keep you updated as soon as I know more.

8 Likes

I have an update from iFastNet about the situation.

The hardware on which these servers run suffered a file system corruption problem. iFastNet has worked hard to repair it and recover as much data as possible. Unfortunately, some data was permanently lost and could not be recovered. Accounts experiencing the 404 and FTP home directory errors have all lost their files.

Later today they plan to recreate the missing directories so it’s possible to login to FTP again.

We’re all sorry for the inconvenience caused.

This only affects website files. Everything else, including databases, are unaffected by this, and can be used to rebuild the site if necessary.

8 Likes

Hi, my site is on …215 (www.roemish.com) and it is still bown for the count. Is there any way to just skill the data rebuild process and just re-upload our site’s page content? I would gladly suffer the loss and reupload my data. There no reason to try and recover it.

Of course! Just create a new hosting account and you should be placed on a server that is operating correctly.

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Conversation about the current outage - Aug. 16-19/23

Like I wrote in my previous post:

FTP access should now be restored for all accounts. The accounts that did not have FTP access earlier today will see that their files have been removed.

This is the result of the file system corruption. Unfortunately, the files of your account were lost because of this, despite our best efforts to recover them.

Everything else on your account, including (very important) your databases, are not affected.

We terribly regret that this has happened, but sadly there is no way we can recover your files.

Please do not send any more messages about this. As much as we wish things were different, there is nothing we can do for you.

As this is still an outage topic, please follow the outage communication rules. As always, posts in violation will be deleted without warning.

9 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Help with 404

UPDATE:

As of August 19 at 16:30 UTC it appears that the Control Panel is intermittently unavailable. Also, FTP may be down, I have not checked.

5 Likes

My website is working again

1 Like