Mediawiki error

MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: [ZSE-EC9bBdhyW4Bi1cIf9gAAAAs] /?i=1 Error: Call to undefined function getrusage()
from /home/vol1_3/
#0 /home/vol1_3/ ParserOutput::getTimes()
#1 /home/vol1_3/ ParserOutput->resetParseStartTime()
#2 /home/vol1_3/ Parser->parse(string, Title, ParserOptions, boolean, boolean, integer)
#3 /home/vol1_3/ WikitextContentHandler->fillParserOutput(WikitextContent, MediaWiki\Content\Renderer\ContentParseParams, ParserOutput)
#4 /home/vol1_3/ ContentHandler->getParserOutput(WikitextContent, MediaWiki\Content\Renderer\ContentParseParams)
#5 /home/vol1_3/ MediaWiki\Content\Renderer\ContentRenderer->getParserOutput(WikitextContent, Title, integer, ParserOptions, boolean)
#6 /home/vol1_3/ MediaWiki\Revision\RenderedRevision->getSlotParserOutputUncached(WikitextContent, boolean)
#7 /home/vol1_3/ MediaWiki\Revision\RenderedRevision->getSlotParserOutput(string, array)
#8 /home/vol1_3/ MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionRenderer->combineSlotOutput(MediaWiki\Revision\RenderedRevision, array)
#9 [internal function]: MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionRenderer->MediaWiki\Revision{closure}(MediaWiki\Revision\RenderedRevision, array)
#10 /home/vol1_3/ call_user_func(Closure, MediaWiki\Revision\RenderedRevision, array)
#11 /home/vol1_3/ MediaWiki\Revision\RenderedRevision->getRevisionParserOutput()
#12 /home/vol1_3/ PoolWorkArticleView->renderRevision()
#13 /home/vol1_3/ PoolWorkArticleViewCurrent->doWork()
#14 /home/vol1_3/ PoolCounterWork->execute()
#15 /home/vol1_3/ MediaWiki\Page\ParserOutputAccess->getParserOutput(WikiPage, ParserOptions, MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionStoreRecord, integer)
#16 /home/vol1_3/ Article->generateContentOutput(User, ParserOptions, integer, OutputPage, array)
#17 /home/vol1_3/ Article->view()
#18 /home/vol1_3/ ViewAction->show()
#19 /home/vol1_3/ MediaWiki->performAction(Article, Title)
#20 /home/vol1_3/ MediaWiki->performRequest()
#21 /home/vol1_3/ MediaWiki->main()
#22 /home/vol1_3/ MediaWiki->run()
#23 /home/vol1_3/ wfIndexMain()
#24 {main}

Exception caught inside exception handler: [ZSE-EC9bBdhyW4Bi1cIf9gAAAAs] /?i=1 Error: Call to undefined function getrusage()
from /home/vol1_3/
#0 /home/vol1_3/ ParserOutput::getTimes()
#1 /home/vol1_3/ ParserOutput->resetParseStartTime()
#2 /home/vol1_3/ Parser->parse(string, Title, ParserOptions, boolean)
#3 /home/vol1_3/ MessageCache->parse(string, Title, boolean, boolean, LanguageEn)
#4 /home/vol1_3/ Message->parseText(string)
#5 /home/vol1_3/ Message->format(string)
#6 /home/vol1_3/ Message->parse()
#7 /home/vol1_3/ Skin->printSource()
#8 /home/vol1_3/ SkinMustache->getTemplateData()
#9 /home/vol1_3/ MediaWiki\Skins\Vector\SkinVector->getTemplateData()
#10 /home/vol1_3/ SkinMustache->generateHTML()
#11 /home/vol1_3/ SkinTemplate->outputPage()
#12 /home/vol1_3/ OutputPage->output()
#13 /home/vol1_3/ MWExceptionRenderer::reportHTML(Error)
#14 /home/vol1_3/ MWExceptionRenderer::output(Error, integer)
#15 /home/vol1_3/ MWExceptionHandler::report(Error)
#16 /home/vol1_3/ MWExceptionHandler::handleException(Error, string)
#17 /home/vol1_3/ MediaWiki->run()
#18 /home/vol1_3/ wfIndexMain()
#19 {main}

Can someone explain this mediawiki error? I installed it straight from softaculuous

Softaculous’ MediaWiki is currently outdated and does not support PHP 8.2:

Try getting the latest version and installing it manually:


Ok thank you ^ _ ^

1 Like

It still gives me the same error on the newest version

The function getrusage is disabled on PHP 8.2 for security reasons. And since PHP 8.0, trying to use a function that’s disabled will result in the error saying that the function doesn’t exist at all.

We can probably fix this by having the function exist and return dummy data instead. I’ve asked iFastNet to look into this.


Thank you very much then :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m having a new problem

Can you share your database configuration settings (redacting the password)?

I don’t think any of the details on there are correct.
Your information is located on your account’s “MySQL Databases” section in the client area:


Ohhhh! Thank you, i was following the “help”

1 Like

Ok so i have another problem while creating modules :frowning:

and here

The proc_open function is indeed blocked on our hosting, as are all functions that allow you to run system commands on the server.

Looking at Google results and that error, I suspect you’re trying to install the Scribunto extension so you can add Lua scripts to your page. But bringing your own script executables and running them on our servers is something we definitely do not allow, so you will not be able to use that extension here.

The file being referenced in that error just doesn’t seem to exist. Please try re-installing the extension, or at least re-uploading its files.

That said, your account currently seems to be at 100% inode usage, which means no additional files or directories can be created or uploaded, so that may have caused the installation to fail. You will need to reduce the number of files and directories in your site for it to work.

But that may be hard, I tried uploading MediaWiki myself, and the installation was around 28,000 files already, which is very close to the inode limit.


Man… looks like I’ll have to use an old fake wikipedia :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.