How to remove ?i=1

all my webpages are showing ?i=1 when ever i open my website. can you please help me remove it permanent and should not get if i create new account or add new domain or subdomain or path. please help me

The ?i=1 is a result of the security system.

There’re some workaround for this. The following guide is something you can do completely free.

Alternatively, if you use a custom domain, use cloudflare to get rid of it.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing documents, but i have created .htaccess file and inserted code for remove i=1, strings after that also i can see i=1 even i tries to remove from url. before if i remove and enter url it not show next time but now it showing everytime.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.)i=[^&]+(.)$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /$1?%1%2 [R=301,L]
this is the code i have inserted

Try this:

RewrtieEngine On
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^(.)i=[^&]+(.)$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /$1?%1%2 [R=301,L]

I didn’t see RewriteEngine On in your code, meaning that the rules might not be taking any effect.

6 Likes

Thanks just edited this might or will solve this issue.

sorry but this is not working still it is showing ?i=1 tried hard refresh clearing cookies and refreshing also it is showing

It is not working because of a typo. Change this:

To:
RewriteEngine On

6 Likes

Changed!
thanks, hoping this should resolve.

1 Like

sorry but just now checked i’m getting ?i=1, please help me.

Hi saikub,

The ?i=1 must show when initial visit to your site regardless of your rewrite rule settings, this is because the security system works 1 layer above the existing apache server, and the .htaccess file settings can only affect things that happens after the initial connection.

That being said you can always setup javascript redirect to the same page once more if the URL has that ?i=1 part, but this consumes 1 more hit to your account limit and potentially a redirect loop if things does get changed. Therefore this is not a recommended way to get it cleared but it should work.

A better solution is to register a custom domain and port it through Cloudflare, this way your website is exempt from the security system.

Cheers!

1 Like

Please not you can have only one RewriteEngine On in your .htacess

i can’t buy custom domain that’s why i’m using subdomains. even subdomains from different (like freedns.afraid.org) also i’m getting and i can’t use cloudflare as i don’t have root domain or custom domain so is there any way to remove ?i=1.

Get a free one on eu.org.

3 Likes

But note that it may takes from months to a ages, I’ve submitted mine 2 months ago and discovered that they deleted it and I had to re-request it again. I’m not sure if they are approving domains anymore :confused:

2 Likes

Hi B0binch0,

eu.org is definately approving domains and often in a week (at least from what I see). It really depends on what domain name you’re trying to register and whether you can show that the domain is used in good faith. Domain names that are basically the owners name is approved quite quick.

Cheers!

Well I requested something like BozhidarG(dot)eu.org ( thats my name and last name cridential) also another BozhidarG-BG(Represent Bulgaria).eu.org but and couple others names but still nothing…

2 Likes

this is another subdomain right but couldflare doesn’t accept subdomains and this thread or post is about remove of ?i=1 and you told me best way is cloudflare. if it is not accepted then what use of eu.org domain for me. I need to remove ?i=1 end of my url is there any way to remove.

eu.org and pp.ua are appreciated and you can link them in cloudlfare

3 Likes

Just came up with this in mind:

<script>
const r = new URL(window.location.href);
r.searchParams.delete('i');
history.pushState({}, '', r.href);
</script>

Just put this somewhere in the header or footer, no extra config required, no apache htaccess whatsoever, no extra hits to the server, does not conflict with other parameters in URL.

Thanks @oxy for helping spotted my typo :joy:

4 Likes

Do you live in EU?

Additionally, @B0binch0 , do you live outside of EU?

Cause from my observation, the main eu.org namespace is reserved for EU residents only. If you live outside of EU, you are expected to register in your respective subdomain (e.g. China → cn.eu.org). Any attempt to register in the root eu.org namespace from outside of EU would not be accepted.

Unless when the eu.org webmaster is confident that you come from a non-profit organization, which is actually faster than EU residents’ registration. One in my country (China) once submitted a request with a regular email and a CN location. It’s still pending after months. He then registered another account with his university email. It got approved in a mere 2 hours.

This eu.org domain thing isn’t related to me anymore though *sigh*

3 Likes