How to connect FreeDNS subdomain

how to connect FreeDNS domains in already existing account .ml domain that should point to existing .ml domain and sub-domains.

These

8 Likes

Should i have to add ns record or a record for freedns subdomain and can i connect it to cloudflare

You’ll need NS records to be able to add the domain in the first place. If you want, you can migrate it to third party nameservers after that, in which case you’ll need to add A records to the DNS records of your domain at your chosen DNS provider.

I don’t know. Normally Cloudflare doesn’t allow subdomains to be hosted with them, but I’m not sure if FreeDNS domains are classified as subdomains or regular domains by them.

7 Likes

As i can see 1 ns record destination box

The NS destination must be ns1.infinityfree.com and ns2.infinityfree.com for the second NS record. But anyway, since you have an epiz_ account you can make do with ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com instead.

7 Likes

can you see image attached previously where should i have to give ns record.

this was box where i can edit domain dns records

I saw that screenshot, and in fact I don’t find differences. All things can be left as they are except the destination; for the first record, since you have an epiz_ account you can make do with ns1.epizy.com on the first NS record’s destination, then compile the CAPTCHA and submit the change. Afterwards it’ll tell you that setting NS records is not enabled for your profile; contact Afraid’s admin via email and ask to enable setting up NS records for your subdomain; you might need to wait some time, then you can set it up again after Afraid’s admin will enable it.

3 Likes

Is there any way without ns record as it was restricted to edit dns

Anyway, just a follow-up to what I said before: you have to contact Afraid’s admin to enable NS records for your profile, there is no way you can set an A record to add the domain on your hosting account.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.