How can i make free business email on infinityfree subdomains

can you please explain in brief

do i need to create business email first in order to use email forwarding cause i think we need 2 emails neccesary for email forwarding

The way that ImprovMX works is that they function as a “middleman” to forward your emails. You set your domain up pointing the MX records to them. All email sent to your domain goes through ImprovMX and then forwards to a 3rd party SMTP account (e.g. Gmail). Using that link I gave above you can even set it up so that you can send from Gmail using an alias (e.g. [email protected]). This way the mail looks like it is coming from your domain. But, it’s actually going out from Gmail using ImprovMX settings. I’m going to set this up as soon as I get my domain working again.

So, ImprovMX allows you to send / receive email (via Gmail) and make it look like it’s coming from your free subdomain.

4 Likes

perfect and satisfactory explanation given but does it has mx records and txt records and everything what every professional business email panel has in improvmx
and if it has then i can make free business email on improvmx

You can find the info you need here

5 Likes

There is also a community guide:

9 Likes

Good to know. Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have one question coming after reading that improvmx guide Is that when doing DNS Configuration we have to setup our MX records and txt records and we can setup MX records but we cant setup txt records as txt record is not available in infinityfree

you want to verify your subdomain to zoho with text dns?
i randomly use SPF as txt record and im not know how but it works :joy:
i think SPF work as txt
but html file is best and fast for verify IF you didnt install ssl

3 Likes

yeah and my case is i installed ssl certificate so which option or method i should follow for verification with zoho mail

Please read the community guide. Community guides are written by people that specifically say how to combine the services with InfinityFree hosting. So if you’re wondering if/how something can be used with InfintiyFree: read the guide, it tells you exactly that.

You can use the SPF Records feature for this.

8 Likes

Okay now i have configured DNS Settings of Improvmx for email forwarding
but it is still showing text in wriiten in red colour as " [Email forwarding needs setup]
so can anyone helpmeout

Hello can you please helpmeout for verification process for zoho mail as by clearing my 2 doubts given below

1. if i have ssl certificate ON on my domain then what problem i will face in zoho verification process
  2. can you tell me with which doman you have registered on zoho mail is it custom domain or subdomain
    as i have subdomain

sorry i was runout of replys
but i message you
so i copy my message here
so you can import txt DNS for verify in zoho
i check my domain with zoho itself tools

that entry in photo is my SPF record
and its work as TXT
so you can import zoho verify TXT code as SPF in your panel
good luck

hi
i sending a message and i hope you check it

1. you can verify with dns on zoho with ssl , the problem is if you want to use html to verify your domain should support http , but in my case i make my whole domain traffic goes through https so zoho bot don’t support https for verify
  2. i use infinity free subdomain (free.nf)
1 Like

Thanks for helping me out and i verified my subdomain successfully on zoho mail and

now i have a problem when i have to configure DKIM in txt record im pasting that DKIM value in Spf record but when i click on add an error message comes as "Illegal characters in record part DKIM Value so how can i add that value in spf for DKIM confg

You cannot set up DKIM records with InfinityFree DNS. It only allows MX and SPF records.

Unless you manage your own DNS somewhere else (besides InfinityFree) you won’t be able to do it.

I switched all my stuff over to ImprovMX using Gmail and it’s working great.

4 Likes

Thanks for info **but im getting an error when im adding that DKIM value as illegal characters in record such as # or $ etc **
and if i make any change in that value or remove those illegal characters then the whole value will be changed
so what i can do now to add value without illegal characters

1 Like

I’m telling you – it can’t be done. I’ve tried it 10 different ways. So have other people. You can’t set up DKIM records on InfinityFree DNS. It’s just that simple. It doesn’t matter what characters you type. You can’t create a valid DKIM record:

“Unlike most DNS TXT records, DKIM records are stored under a specialized name, not just the name of the domain. DKIM record names follow this format:”

[selector]._domainkey.[domain]

:point_up_2: This is the part that you can’t set up.

2 Likes

I Have problem arising in setting DKIM Value/destination as v=: k=***** :p=***
so do you have any tip to add DKIM successfully for this part

It cannot be done for free subdomain

5 Likes