GoGetSSL certified, but Softaculous says "Cannot find trustworthy SSL Certificate"

This happens to me… I f cache not working, then wait a couple of days.

Found solution in a youtube video. Once you check if it’s available, you have to type in that search box the name.domain again, then a new row in the table pops up…
What an amazing feat of programming XD

1 Like

Lol :rofl: Is your domain there now?

I am finalising the “purchase”. Now if I understand it correctly, I won’t change anything during that period, Once the domain exists, I only go into my infinityfree account, and add that domain that I am gonna “buy”, apply for infinityfree LetEncrypt SSL, and everything works correctly. Right?

For the period of time there is two options: for 12 months of ownership: 0$ and for 1 year of ownership: 9$ LOL

Ok, once you ‘purchase’ the domain, go into your FREENOM account and go to My Domains. then change the nameservers to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com
But before you do that, you must create an account for your domain on infinityfree but instead of making an infinityfree domain, make a custom domain pointing to infinityfree nameservers.
From there, its the same exact thing you did for the other site you made. If you make an acount on cloudfare, it should work

Yep! I would recommend creating a new account on infinity free (Change the nameservers of the new domain to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com first), than follow the guide below to connect Cloudflare. The guide also has instructions on how to do SSL. After you get that all set up, install cakephp and your all good to go!

Just so you dont mess up, when you set up a cloudfare account correctly, You must change the nameservers again, but dont worry about that now. Follow the Guide GreenReader made

Instead of installing again, you could backup if you have info that took a long time to make and then re upload it again to your new site.

Is everything in the ‘purchase’ and setup going well?

So far so good. Now I have the freenom domain, now starting the setup process :slight_smile:

And out of curiosity, what happens if I have the same infinityfree account linked to the rf.gd, and the new .tk? Why is it not recommended by u guys?

Keep us Updated! GL!

Alright, heads up:
On infinityfree, when I tried to register a new account, it says: “.tk domains are banned on free hosting due to abuse. To host a website without purchasing a domain name, please use a free subdomain.”

Meaning: I’m effed?

Oops, I forgot to mention… DONT USE TK DOMAINS.
I’m sorry I didn’t tell you this before!

If you want to use infinityfree with freenom, you must ‘Purchase’ a domain which is not .tk
For my website, I used .ga but you can use any other, just not .tk. So you have to purchase the domain again but not .tk It should work after that. Sorry :grimacing:

Fortunatly… No! :laughing:

2 Likes

.tk is kind of known for bad things…

Sorry, one of us should have thought of that.

OK, done .ga.
Now infinityfree is setting up my new account.

So now comes cloudflare, right?

Yep! Follow the guide above!

Okay so here on infinityfree I requested an SSL certificate, but says I need to set up the CNAMEs on cloudflare.
On cloudflare, I need to add the 2 records where cloudflare. type = CNAME, cloudflare.name = infinityfree.record name, and cloudflare.target = infinityfree.destination?

And also, if I scroll down, it already says I have a valid certificate installed on my domain, however, don’t I need to paste the private key and the certificate itself either here on infinityfree or on cloudflare?

Hm, can you send a screenshot of the SSL page on InfinityFree?

No, You dont need to add anothr cert. The one provided by infinityfree is enough. Just make sure your account is on. It worked for me without creating another cert

I have made the 2 records on cloudflare, if I was writing sql now, I would say cloudflare.Type = CNAME, cloudflare.Name = infinityfree.RecordName, cloudflare.content = infinityfree.Destination.

I have set up both records in cloudflare like that.

It looks like you turned on SSL on Cloudflare. Like my guide says, this is not that secure (It is more secure than nothing). I would recommend adding the cname records, copying and pasting the text, and than changing the Cloudflare SSL to “Full”.