Error after 3 days of trying to add domain

OK, I saw this:

Basically, if you are using a rather new hosting account with the prefix if0_, then this is good. But if your hosting account starts with epiz_, then you should use
ns1.epizy.com
ns2.epizy.com

Please tell me if you have more problems!

6 Likes

Hmm, your domain is configured in an interesting way. The subdomain wloczykije.szczecin.pl is pointing to our nameservers, but the base domain szczecin.pl does not have any nameservers at all.

Do you own the domain szczecin.pl as well? If so, you may want to set the nameservers on there as well, wait a few hours, and try again.

That’s actually better advice. You have legacy epiz_ accounts, so the infinityfree.com nameservers may not be accepted.

6 Likes

I do have an epiz_ account.

I have changed ns, will wait few hours and check again.

Could you please add that explanation to tutorial from where I have read my first dns setup?

2 Likes

I do not own the city master domain Szczecin.pl I just have bought subdomain wloczykije at szczecin.pl.

I have changed ns, will wait few hours and check again.

Please do not close the ticket yet.

1 Like

Sorry, but regulars aren’t moderators! I can’t edit posts of this kind.
( Maybe you can refer to @Admin , he of course has the ability to edit that.)

Adding to this, you aren’t really creating support ticket of any kind — You are actually getting support from a community, full of :heart: :heart: :heart:

6 Likes

Hello

As “szczecin.pl” is not a registered TLD, you can’t add subdomains of that domain to your account. You can attempt to use the “Addon domain” section of the panel, but it probably won’t work.

I’ve added it to my to-do list

Big disappointment after getting out of Google Blogger platform, where this specific subdomain worked.

So the domain didn’t work here? You already tried?
But the nameservers hasn’t updated yet. I suggest you to try again after 3 hrs or so.
And you can always go to Login to your account - InfinityFree to see if the ns were correct!

If you really cannot add the domain then sorry, there’s nothing we can do about it.

Unfortunately, the platform only allows official TLDs to be added as Addon domain (otherwise, it will throw an error like “too many dots” or “invalid nameservers”). Feel free to keep trying though, as the panel is a bit buggy and it may allow it randomly. You can also attempt to create a new account with the domain if you want (using the InfinityFree.com nameservers), but again, that may or may not work.

The only subdomains the platform allows you to create are subdomains of base domains already on your account (Like mysite.mydomain.com), and subdomains of domains that are provided for free (Like “mysite.free.nf”)

5 Likes

Hell yeah - it worked!

However after entering my paid domain (wloczykije.szczecin.pl) DNS still does not resolve my query.

Do I need to wait another 3 days to propagate DNS, although I have added in my operator dns names?

3 Likes

@Admin could you please update the tutorial about adding proper dns names in scope of having old or new account?

1 Like

It can take up to 72 hours for DNS propagation, yes.

Currently, wloczykije.szczecin.pl is redirecting to wloczykije.lovestoblog.com

Already did, after your previous post

6 Likes

Thank you very much for your assistance and support for community.

I have last problem to discuss, because when I have started the process mentioned in this forum thread I was trying to get my new domain seen as default of my page.

But now I do input new domain:

Zrzut ekranu 2023-07-19 074424

and get the old one when page loads the old one.

I would prefer to have the main address set to my new domain.

Is it possible? And what with certificate?

Sorry I had in mind new address (improper graphic added in previous post):

Zrzut ekranu 2023-07-19 074842

Have you made any redirects to the original domain? Then delete the redirect.

Or you have parked your new domain to the new one (I’ve never parked a domain before, so I am not certain, but this is possible).If so, delete your domain wloczykije.szczecin.pl from your control panel and add it again to the system, with the “addon domains” function.

After making the new domain seperate, you can now use the redirect function in your client area to make a 301 redirect from your old domain → your new domain.
Or maybe, delete your old domain and park it over your new domain. Still, I am not certain about this. Using the redirect function is still recommended.

4 Likes

Seeing how you’re using WordPress, you’ll need to update the website URL of your site in the WordPress admin area. The setting can be found in the Settings → General menu.

You’ll want to request and install a new SSL certificate for your new domain. You can do so with the Free SSL Certificates tool.

Every SSL certificate has the domain name it’s valid for baked into the certificate, so it’s not possible to “move” a certificate to a new domain.

8 Likes

Thank you very mych for your advice.

After changing the website url at wordpress settings I wanted to generate new certificate - and there additional questions:

1. Which provider should I choose? Is there any manual to read about? Or just leave defaults.
  2. Is there any HowTo about setting certificates to external domains?
2 Likes

Leave it as default
If you need manuals then please read these

There’s no difference between “internal” or “external” domains, as you are on infinityfree ns. Just use what you have used to get a cert.

8 Likes

Thank you very much - I have managed to set my own domain with free SSL certificate.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.