Creating Accounts returns errors

Creating Accounts returns errors

Since around 16:45 UTC on the 24th of April, it’s not possible to create a new hosting account due to a technical error in the hosting platform.

Which components are affected by this issue

It’s not possible to create any new hosting account. Existing accounts are not affected.

What issues may you see

You may see various vague error messages when trying to create a new account, such as:

• An unknown error occurred while trying to create your account.
  • Unable to connect to the hosting system, please try again in a few minutes.

When will this issue be resolved

We are doing our best to get these issues resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough details to tell how soon that will be.

What can you do to fix this

At this time, there are no known workarounds.

We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I completely understand that this may cause confusion and you will have additional questions. I am happy to provide any information I have to help you.

However, to keep the contents of this topic clean, clear and concise, I ask that you carefully read the Outage Communication Rules before posting.

In a nutshell:

• Please keep the posts about the outage in this topic, and all posts not about this outage outside of this topic.
  • Please post relevant questions only that have not been answered yet. It may be compelling to ask obvious questions like “when will this be fixed”, but basic information like that will be put in this message as soon as we know it.
  • Please carefully check the known symptoms and affected components.
    • If you are on the affected components, you are almost certainly affected by the outage. If so, please refrain from simply stating you are affected, it does not help get your service back up faster.
    • If you are not on the affected components but do experience all of the symptoms, please say so below so we can check if our list is incomplete.
    • If you do not experience all listed issues and are not on the components that are known to be affected, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to this outage. If so, please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there.
  • If you say you are affected by the outage, please always include your website URL. I can’t check if you are affected by the outage if you don’t say which of your websites is affected.

Posts that do not follow these rules may be deleted without warning. This is to help ensure that all the relevant information is easily available to everyone reading this topic.

3 Likes

No info even after 10+ hours? I hope sysadmin forgot to update topic :"

The issue was fixed about an hour ago, around 10:40 UTC this morning!

Account creation seems to have been fully restored. We’ll keep an eye on things for now in case this changes.

Would you rather have we have a script that automatically writes a post that says “we’re still working on it” every few hours?

Just that we haven’t updated the topic doesn’t mean we forgot.

6 Likes

The problem is still not solved for me, what is the reason admin? :slight_smile:

I still cannot create a new account.

@Admin ofc not. However instead of 500 error we are getting a pretty error message now.

I still get an error: “An unknown error occurred while trying to create your account.” I hope this will be fixed soon as possible.

Error on creating new account with custom domain “An unknown error occurred while trying to create your account.”

new account creation seems to work perfectly with subdomains provided by infinityfree.

1 Like

working perfectly now, able to create new account with custom domain too, thankyou team.

OK, I appears I overlooked some things.

For starters, account creation itself is working as intended. New accounts can be created by anyone with any domain again.

However, this does appear to have included some changes in the hosting platform, which broke our error handling. Because of this, the error message regarding domain nameservers not being correct was no longer being shown correctly.

I’m currently preparing a fix for this.

6 Likes

doesn’t really apply here lol

That’s a bit of copy-pasta that’s included on all outage topics. Admittedly, it’s less relevant here, but not completely irrelevant either.

The second issue specifically only affected custom domains, not subdomains. Had people shared on which domains they had experienced the issue, it would have been easy to see that by the fact that nobody with a subdomain experienced it.

3 Likes