Cloudflare 520

Website URL

https://juoum.dev
if0_35571231 / vol17_2

Error Message

Cloudflare’s error 520

Other Information

Hiya!

My website has been working just fine since the 6th of December. However, it has stopped working as of 2024-01-02 15:12:35 (UTC+00:00), spitting a 520 Cloudflare error.
I’m unsure how this happened, since I haven’t changed anything since I first hosted it in December.

Here’s what I’ve done so far to try and troubleshoot this issue:

• Removed domain from account and added it again;
  • Tried adding the domain on another account (hosted on a different volume) which was working fine with other domain - no luck;
  • Purged Cloudflare’s cache & activated Development Mode;
  • Disabled DNSSEC (even though it shouldn’t make any difference).

For the record, .dev domains have HSTS preloaded, and I’m using a self-signed certificate on InfinityFree provided by CF’s edge certificates.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the recent December 28th issue, since it has already been marked as resolved on Jan 1st.

Did you remember to change the IP address in CloudFlare to match the new account?

5 Likes

Yes, I did change the A record to the new volume’s IP, flushed DNS and browser cache and waited a few mins for DNS propagation.

Can you screenshot your CF DNS records?

3 Likes

Absolutely:

You said this started the first, right?

If so, it may be related to the issue I had (I noticed it on the second, but it would have easily started the first).

Which would have the timing line up, and the errors is exactly the same. In my case, I had not touched the sites config or code for the past month, and you are only the other person I have found so far with the same issue where the timeline works. I could not figure out what it was, and still don’t know what caused it.

Admin, you may want to have iFN look into this.

My account is epiz_28335187 on .214 (vol1000_7)

6 Likes

I actually noticed it via my monitors on the second as well, at 15:12 UTC+00:00.

Funny enough, .214 was precisely the volume I added the domain to on the 2nd step of my troubleshooting.

.214 was the IP, not the volume, is that what you meant? The volume has an underscore in it.

4 Likes

Yup, I meant to say the same IP, which is consequently the same volume :slight_smile:

if it is of any use

unlike when GR9 had that problem (during my testing then)
the server did not return anything for “aes” at his website (otherwise it was CF 520 as well)

5 Likes

Not sure what that means - is it something I somehow misconfigured in CF?

No, the text is more for the staff and those who are interested.

6 Likes

Website’s been up and stable for 10 hours now. I’m assuming something was fixed or fixed itself. Thank you all for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.