Can't connect to server

I can’t connect to server using any FTP client. I keep getting this message:
ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server.

I have disabled my firewall, I do not have any anti-virus software, and I even tried changing ports. I need this issue resolved ASAP and I have exhausted all other resources.

Have you accessed the Control Panel?
If not, please do so.

Otherwise, please provide ftp logs

4 Likes
Status: Connection attempt failed with ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server.
Error: Could not connect to server

No issue on my end.
Did you do this?

4 Likes

I am currently logged into the control panel

Am I forced to use the online file manager?

Filezilla is preferred

Can you do this to send a more detailed log

4 Likes

I’ve done so but the log still looks the same as you can see in the background. Should I restart FileZilla?

Try using ftp.epizy.com ?
It seems something on your end is blocking the connection

4 Likes
Status: Connection attempt failed with ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server.

My firewall is off and I don’t have any anti-virus software.

Are you able to connect using mobile?

I suspect this is the case

Please try to use wifi or ethernet only, not both

5 Likes

The fact that it says Connection Refused suggests that something is actively blocking the connection. We can also see the FTP server IP is correct, so using another FTP hostname will not work, and connections accidentally breaking tends to happen later in the process (usually with passive mode switching and TLS setup).

Is it possible that access to our FTP server is blocked by a security filter set up by your network administrator or internet provider? Or by a virus scanner on your own computer?

If so, you should be able to work around this using a different device and/or network (like a VPN).

7 Likes

OMG! Thank you so much! This solution actually worked. Just for context, if anyone else sees this thread. I live in Japan and my modem has both US and Japanese ports. I have a wifi router attached to each plus I have the ethernet cord in my computer. My ethernet connection(Japan port) wouldn’t work and wouldn’t even let me connect to a VPN. I connected to the US wifi but it would not work nor would it connect to the VPN. So I used the Japan wifi and it allowed me to connect to a VPN and it finally worked! I also want to say I really appreciate the help and the patience from @KangJL-- Thank you. And thanks to you @Admin for solving my issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.