Cant add nameservers

Error Message

Failed to save Nameserver list.
Nameserver error - ERROR: 133 Answer must be authoritative (nameserver, ip, proto, record) (ns1.infinityfree.com, 198.251.90.216, udp, NS)
Nameserver error - ERROR: 901 Unexpected RCODE (nameserver, ip, proto, record) (ns1.infinityfree.com, 198.251.90.216, udp, NS)
Nameserver error - ERROR: 133 Answer must be authoritative (nameserver, ip, proto, record) (CENSORED CAUS I CAN ONLY PUT 2 LINKS, 198.251.86.153, udp, NS)
Nameserver error - ERROR: 901 Unexpected RCODE (nameserver, ip, proto, record) (CENSORED CAUS I CAN ONLY PUT 2 LINKS 198.251.86.153, udp, NS)
Nameserver error - ERROR: 901 Unexpected RCODE (target, entity, rcode) (198.251.90.216, SOA, REFUSED)
Nameserver error - ERROR: 901 Unexpected RCODE (target, entity, rcode) (198.251.86.153, SOA, REFUSED)

Other Information

Im trying to switch from cloudflare nameservers to the infinityfree ones so I can verify my domain but it is giving me an error every time I try?

if your domain has the option to use nameservers without soa then try that and it should help

4 Likes

i wonder if there is a way to verify without changing nameservers?

Hi bestwebsitetrustme,

4 Likes

thanks

uhh i added the cname and it still is unverified. it is because i proxied it through cloudflare?

1 Like

Just try it yourself. My guess is yes though, so please do disable the proxy and try again.

3 Likes

Hi bestwebsitetrustme,

CNAME are basically redirection records, it makes no difference proxied or not, as the DNS simply replies where to go next for those who ask. The connection isn’t made with a CNAME node in between but just used for resolution.

DNS update can take up to 72 hours and that’s only a matter of waiting. Normally Cloudflare proxied DNS update only takes a few minutes, but IFN might take much longer to realize that due to caching beyond their control.

Check periodically to see if the domain has that CNAME published here, remember to choose the CNAME type:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Cheers!

2 Likes

ohh so thats why its not showing yet? I just need to wait? Thanks, I’m pretty new to domain names so yea

Maybe it’s just DNS cache and it will fix itself, or maybe you didn’t configure it correctly. Either I overlooked it, or you haven’t shared your domain name yet to check.

If we know the domain, we can give you more specific information.

3 Likes

HI bestwebsitetrustme,

Maybe you can share your domain here so we can also take a look?

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.