A Full Guide To Cloudflare

First I need to install self signed ssl?
Cloudfare will have to login then? But in Cloudfare, the name server also has to be changed? , Do you have any tutorial video for this? i m having confusion in the steps…Do u have any tutorial for this ?

Read the guide here

No, you don’t need to, but you can. As it says in the article:

Yes, that’s what it says right above that.

No, you can’t change nameservers in Cloudflare. You have to update your domain’s nameservers at the place where you registered your domain name, and change the settings to point it to Cloudflare.

Yes, it’s at the bottom of the article.

You’re looking at it!

5 Likes

I am very Confused Mr.Admin…you have mixed both article free SSL Certificate & Cloudfare
Acc. to ur article,i’ve to first install free SSL Certificate which is available in my Account Dashboard on top,then activate Cloudfare full SSL option Ri8 ??
but both are different company ??..in hosting Account…Providing free SSL They are different company…& cloudfare is another company,it has different process…ho can we mix together ??
Please clearly post again which one i have to use,which is best…& i can use for long time…if you are recommending free ssl Certificate from dashboard then post it only for free SSL guide…if you are recommending about Cloudfare,only post about the Cloudfare guide…thats the confusion.

Thanks.

1. Click on the “Flexible” Setting (If you want to use the “Full” setting (which is more secure), you need to install an SSL certificate first (Self Signed is preferred for use with Cloudflare) - Video - KB article)…there is no video related to your article self signed ssl with cloudfare…please check it…

Ah, oops, I didn’t actually check the KB link, it went to a different article than I thought it did. The article I thought it linked to is this one:

Cloudflare is a company. iFastNet, who builds the free hosting platform, is a company. InfinityFree, which provides the client area, is a company. And then there are the various SSL providers, which are also companies (or at least organizations, Let’s Encrypt is not a company).

My recommendation is going for the Full SSL route with a self signed certificate, which I linked just before.

Flexible SSL is also a valid option, and so is going for the free SSL along with “Full (strict)” mode. You can go any of those routes too, they are not wrong.

4 Likes

How to get full SSL…?
Right now i have applied for the SSL which is on the top of my dashboard in infinity free…According to your first image…i did it automatically ? after that what to do…i have to go on cloudfare ? from here i am not understanding…
if you have any video…regarding this same guide step by step…then please share…

My recommendation is going for the Full SSL route with a self signed certificate, which I linked just before.
After installing it…i have to go on cloudflare ? ? if yes then please give me full video of self signed ssl certificate install & then configure cloudflare ? step by step… please

If you have a Full SSL certificate, then yes, you should use Cloudflare.

You can find a video tutorials as to how you should setup Cloudflare at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

2 Likes

We don’t have any video tutorials ourselves, only written guides.

I’m not sure how I can say this without coming across as very mean, so I’ll just tell you what I’m thinking: did you actually read the article? Not just look at the images and made up the rest yourself? Because the article is literally a step-by-step guide on how to do this.

And even then “I have to go on cloudflare”? The article literally has screenshots showing settings in Cloudflare’s panel you need to edit. So yes, of course, to edit the Cloudflare settings you have to go on Cloudflare.

It’s a written guide. All the steps are written down as text. The images are there to support the text, not the other way around. The images are there to help you find the right buttons, but not every single step has an associated image. Which means you’re actually supposed to read the text.

Read the article. It’s literally a step by step guide.

7 Likes

just read what i have written…

What i did…
Step 1-I’ve first installed Full SSL certificate from the infinityfree hosting Dashboard…ok
now…i am confused what to do in cloudflare…i’ve to add a website in cloudflare ? then update name server to my domain of cloudflare ??

yes

5 Likes

the full SSL certificate is from i’ve got lets encrypt…i want go get ssl ? how to change ?
now i’ve installed full certificate from dashboard…its showing secure…
if i will go to cloudflare then again i will do it for cloudflare ssl…then it will be double process ? i dont understand…or both process are linked to each other for secure connection…please explain…KangJL

I did. All I see was “please give me a video guide” and “please give me step by step instructions”. To which the answers are: we don’t have it, and you’re looking at it.

What I didn’t understand is what part exactly you needed help with. And if I understand this last message correctly, you’re looking at both guides and are unsure how they combined, i.e. which steps of which guide do you need to do in which order.

The answer to that is, you first need to do the “Set-Up Cloudflare” from this article, and everything until “Set Cloudflare to Full SSL mode” from the Full SSL article. After that, I suggest to follow the other guide, as this guide continues with Flexible SSL, which you don’t need.

If you intend to use Cloudflare, I would suggest to use a Self Signed SSL certificate, because you don’t have to renew those. To do, simply follow the steps of “Get a Self Signed SSL certificate” of the Full SSL article.

As to why you’d want a GoGetSSL certificate when you already have a Let’s Encrypt certificate, I don’t know. They are both fine free SSL certificates that are valid for three months, but Let’s Encrypt is easier to use than GoGetSSL.

4 Likes

Sorry Sorry i installed self signed Certificate…now i want to know…i’ve to setup cloudflare & do all the settings…simply say yes or no ?

one thing more incloudflare i 've to update name server & further setting…say yes or no ?

If you have added a self signed certificate, then you can configure Cloudflare to use “Full” mode for SSL

You can’t manage the nameservers of your domain in Cloudflare, that’s not possible. As for the other settings, set them however you want (Except for the SSL mode, set that to “Full”)

5 Likes

For doing full SSL I’ve to add first my website …???
without changing name server in my domain provider…how can i connect to cloudflare ?

This

3 Likes

Self Signed SSL certificate is only for 3 Months ?
& cloudflare is for forever ?

Valid for 10 years

Theoretically yes, technically no. Just that CF will auto-renew the SSL cert…

6 Likes