A Full Guide To Cloudflare

You need minimally a self-signed cert in order to use full mode

You can leave this out by using folowing setting in CF:-

• In the SSL/TLS → Edge Certificates tab, the setting “Always Use HTTPS” is set to On.
14 Likes

My site is still not secure

1 Like

Are you using Cloudflare or the SSL integration in cpanel?

1 Like

cloudflare

Please don’t bring up your issue on multiple topics. I will reply in your original one.

2 Likes

Hi, i’ve done everything like here and my site not working correctly

Everything i’ve descibed here:

You should not have ns records in Cloudflare. Please remove them.

2 Likes

Where can I clear the cache?

1 Like

To clear your computer DNS cache, you can follow this tutorial.

For the DNS cache of various DNS servers around the web, the only thing you can do is waiting until their cache expire, normally less than 72 hours.

4 Likes

The steps that I carried out to make it work were the following

1. Follow the steps carried out in:
    How to add your own domain to your account - Docs - InfinityFree Forum

2.- The steps mentioned above are correct, each and every one of them

In one of the hosting support post I remember reading that, despite the fact that it is configured in that way (even if it is the correct one), the hosting servers simply would not know how to redirect the requested traffic, because they do not know to what account The domain is linked so it redirects to https://suspended-website.com/(letras)/, then do the previous steps that I mention and then those of this post.

-_- me and then @anon2458064 both wrote articles on this, but good job

7 Likes

I know, I felt I could get more detailed, some did not understand your awesome one.

9 Likes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

So, on a more philosophical note, why should I use cloudflare, and do all that, since I can do it perfectly well with my original domain registrar (by creating a dns zone to help setup ssl with my hosting on InfinityFree)?

Because Cloudflare have advanced security, DDoS prevention, down detection, advance DNS and so much more. It also allows you to set up CA certificates, something you have to pay extra for with most domain providers. Oh, and Cloudflare is free.

6 Likes

Well, there’s some dodgy stuff circulating out there about cloudflare too though… I’m sure you’ve read them…

Cloud flare is a very good company
Heck,you’re even on cloud flare right now
Shopify,etc uses it

Well my sites are definitely not using cloudflare, I know that much.

Ok,well there is nothing bad about cloud flare

Call me old fashioned but I really don’t want any ‘go betweens’ between my site’s visitors and the web server.