Your IP address has changed. Please log in again.

Dear Infinity Admin,

Recently I’m having a problem while opening Softaculus.
I was trying to install a script but when I clicked on the softaculus app icon, it redirects me to cPanel login and told me that my IP address has changed even tho it’s not.

And after I logged In again, it says Login Sucessfull and then redirect me to the same login page and says that my IP changed again.

Please Fix.

The Softaculous login sessions are tied to a specific IP address and the error message says your IP address has changed.

If there is anything to be fixed here, your internet service provider should fix that they change your IP address so often.

@Admin said:
The Softaculous login sessions are tied to a specific IP address and the error message says your IP address has changed.

If there is anything to be fixed here, your internet service provider should fix that they change your IP address so often.

There’s no way they would change it every single minute or even per 30 seconds!

@PlanetGamingGG said:

@Admin said:

I’ve heard stories about internet providers who pick a random IP address for every page request. Who could just hit refresh on a page like http://www.whatsmyip.org/ and see a different IP address every time. Why an internet provider would ever think that’s a good idea is beyond me, but it does happen.

@Admin said:

@PlanetGamingGG said:

@Admin said:

I’ve heard stories about internet providers who pick a random IP address for every page request. Who could just hit refresh on a page like http://www.whatsmyip.org/ and see a different IP address every time. Why an internet provider would ever think that’s a good idea is beyond me, but it does happen.

I’ve checked my IP on multiple IP checking service’s and they all showed the same IP address…

That’s very strange. The only other thing I can think of is to clear your cookies for both Softaculous and the control panel and then login again. But I’m not able to reproduce the issue on my end, so I’m not exactly sure what’s causing this.

@Admin said: I’ve heard stories about internet providers who pick a random IP address for every page request.

It is obviously your ISP’s problem,

I faced this for a year, flushed DNS, tried to tweak router configuration, used a vpn, a proxy, changed the computer, etc… but no way.
I could not even access SSL protected sites except Google and some other popular sites, when checked my IP address I realized that it’s dynamic, which makes it update the last 2 ranges ( example: 255.255.this.this ) every second, making some requests not being completed due to changed IP, and that’s why i haven’t access to all CPanels, not only Softaculous’.
After all I switched to another internet provider and finally got it fixed.
( Win XP is also a cause of this issue, update to a newer os if possible )

@Youssef said:

@Admin said: I’ve heard stories about internet providers who pick a random IP address for every page request.

I faced this for a year, flushed DNS, tried to tweak router configuration, used a vpn, a proxy, changed the computer, etc… but no way.
I could not even access SSL protected sites except Google and some other popular sites, when checked my IP address I realized that it’s dynamic, which makes it update the last 2 ranges ( example: 255.255.this.this ) every second, making some requests not being completed due to changed IP, and that’s why i haven’t access to all CPanels, not only Softaculous’.

Yeah, the only IP address lookup I could find that actually shows your true IP is icanhazip.com.

It is sometimes a problem with the device, too. While my ISP (AT&T) does give dynamic IPs, they don’t change that often. All my devices can access Softaculous, etc. no problem but my phone for some reason changes the IP with every page request sometimes, so I can’t use Softaculous on that.

@Youssef said:

Thank you, that’s exactly the kind of behavior I was referring to!

If your ISP does that, you’ve got a horrible ISP. Both we and cPanel knows that IP addresses can be dynamic, but they should stay the same for at least an hour or so. If your ISP can’t handle that, a lot of authentication systems won’t let you in, including every cPanel server in the world. You could complain to a hosting provider and say they should disable crucial security measures because your ISP has horrible infrastructure, but that won’t solve the real problem.

In @Youssef 's case specifically, it sounds like the ISP was intercepting all network traffic for who knows what reason, so moving away was definitely the right call!

Alright, I managed to get around it with a VPN tho.
Thanks for the info.