XenForo Error with MYSQL

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

http://thegsdforum.epizy.com/

Error Message

The following error occurred while connecting to the database:

No such file or directory

This indicates that your configuration information is not correct. Please check the values you have entered. If you are unsure what values are correct or how to proceed, please contact your host for help. These values are specific to your server.

Other Information

Trying to set up my XenForo website and get that error when connecting to the MYSQL. I read somewhere else if you change your account password then it may mess things up, and I did that after it did not work the first time. Any help is appreciated!

Pls read…

3 Likes

I have already done that. I believe I need a password reset to what the websites original password is.

Usually with applications like these… there should me a config file in the file manager… Take a backup of this file and then try adding the credentials directly into the config file maybe…

Also, this maybe just me, but are you sure epiz_27762025’@‘192.168.2.186 is your MySQL. Cause for me and all, it’s 185.27.134.10 and that one sounds like a localhost IP Address

I MAY BE WRONG

1 Like

Im looking at another thread with the same issue. And it sounds like they needed their password reset to the original pass.

Please HELP! [Xenforo setup] - #2 by Admin - I found this after I changed my password and its the same error

So do you have a legit lisence for Xenforo? if no please note that we do not allow nulled content hosted by us.

3 Likes

Yes, I know. I just need password reset to original on my account please :slight_smile:

What do you know? There’s no one to help you with your issue if you’re violating ToS.

Who said I was violating TOS???

I just need a password reset to original like the other guy got in the other post.

3 Likes

Where is anything pirated???

I just want the same help the other guy got…

it is pirated because Xenforo is a paid software, have you bought it? then prove. is it nulled? same with cracked and pirated which is not allowed.

2 Likes

You think its cracked??? Why

Just fix my password please :slight_smile:

So you have bought it for $160.00? if yes then prove it.

as I said there’s no help if you are violating ToS.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Alright, why didn’t you say you’ve a license at first? You should answer a thing properly so you won’t cause misunderstanding.

For your actual problem, are you using the password which is located here? (on client area)

To reset your password you can go to ClientArea->(your site account)->Edit account.

3 Likes

I believe you need to read the article properly. There is one and only one reason why you may see a “No such file or directory” error when trying to establish a database connection: you are using localhost as your database hostname. This is 100.00000% guaranteed to be the only possible explanation.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.