Would like to point my hosted files from epizy.com subdomain to a custom domain I recently acquired

epiz_28807777

I already have a epizy.com subdomain but now I would like to use my custom domain instead. How can I change it? (Do I have to delete account and create new one or can I avoid that?)

Any help is appreciated.

Unfortunately you do, but you can easily backup your files by downloading the contents in the htdocs folder and by going to phpMyAdmin and exporting the databases. Then you can upload those by ftp to the new htdocs folder on your new account and upload the databases by clicking on import. An alternative is to add your domain to the addon domains and copying everything to the directory of that domain. If you are using WordPress, you can either use the Duplicator plugin or the All in one migration plugin. Or you can go to your WordPress dashboard click on settings < general < and change the website URL to your new domain. Then upload those files to your new domain directory

These plugins do not work on free hosting

I tried and it worked, weird huh.

It will work for now. Once the content grows to a certain size, backup will not work due to 10mb file limit etcโ€ฆ

1 Like

You donโ€™t have to make a new account, add your custom domain as addon domain in your account and then move files from /htdocs to yourdomain.tld/htdocs

Instead of yourdomain.tld, you will see your folder with your custom domain name

Also, change your domain name from wp-admin/settings to your new domain name
If using wordpress

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.