WordPress update fail

I just installed wordpress 5.1.1 via softaculous. However i realized that there was 5.2 available, so I clicked on the update button and got this error.
Downloading update from https://downloads.wordpress.org/release/wordpress-5.2-no-content.zip…

Download failed.: The checksum of the file (d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e) does not match the expected checksum value (320900105fb04c3ae6f98d959f34dba1).

Installation Failed

The error remains same even for plugin and theme upgrade

I took a look at the update zips of WordPress 5.1 and 5.2, and it looks like the archive for WordPress 5.2 is slightly bigger than the 5.1 version. Annoyingly, it looks like this small size increase caused the archive size to go just over 10 million bytes (10 MB). This probably caused the file size limit to kick in and mess up the WordPress update.

Given the popularity of WordPress, this is probably going to become a substantial problem in the future. So I will check if there is some way to ensure WordPress updates will stay quick and easy.

But if you would like to upgrade right now, your best bet is probably to do the upgrade by hand. WordPress has step by step instructions detailing how to do that: Updating WordPress « WordPress Codex

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.