Wordpress 5.5 update

About what? Like others have said: the automated upgrade breaks due to PHP limits. Do a manual installation instead.

iFastNet’s premium hosting should not have this issue, because the servers are faster and the limits are higher.

Hi admin, he is so much interested in talking with you and not in solving his problem

My Problem is admin that when we last talked you stated the following . That the update for word press to fix in 2 weeks and we’s past that . Plus i have my hamradiotv.ga domain linked to an ifastnet server somewhere and i can’t remember where it to save my life . :confused: :confused:

From what I’m understanding (which isn’t much but I do remember your last topic), your trying to update from Softaculous? Well I don’t see why your waiting for the Softaculous installation. It’s going to break your site instead of updating. Maybe uploading from FTP, which is what we’ve all been telling, is the better solution?

3 Likes

Because using the auto installer is easier for me. I’ve never updated via FTP server before. My comprehension skills are not that great. I did use FTP clients along time ago. But I would not know where to start. That’s where I’m stuck

Maybe @Admin has to escalate this problem to iFastNet staff:

2 Likes

I have already did 2 weeks ago, they said system will update, not done manually and can take a month.

Oh good grief. This is crazy. You would think that they would do this rather quickly. Obviously not.

1 Like

I did escalate this problem with iFastNet already. As far as I know, there was some kind of issue with importing the latest software version into our Softaculous setup. But I don’t know the details, and I’m still waiting on iFastNet.

3 Likes

hello how can we update wordpress 5.5 manually

Check the pinned topic?

2 Likes

Just joined, what does it mean

You’re saying to do something that i have no clue of what and how to do that.

If you read the pinned topic,you won’t say this.
@allroundernaman has spent a lot of time writing that,he concentrated so much so newbies can understand.
As you have said this statement,I can clearly see that you have never opened the pinned topic.

Else wait until Ifastnet updates Softaculous.

4 Likes

The what and how should all be explained perfectly by the topic that you were being pointed to.

If the topic, the goal, the method or any of the steps are not clear, then we’re all happy to help you. But if that’s the case, can you please ask a more specific question about a particular part which isn’t clear to you? Because repeating the same “I don’t know what to do” type statements over and over again isn’t going to get you more clear information.

2 Likes

All the Step are not clear to me . I’m a user with Special needs and i do thing my hearing and not seeing . I have to use tts text to speech . you need to make it easy for any other Special needs users of the service as of now your service would get score of a f rating . People like myself with a special need have to get more one on one help. plus you don’t have your own videos .

So which step are you trying to do and where do you get stuck?

We can walk you through this, but we need specific questions. Not “I don’t know what to do, nothing is clear”. Because we can spend an our writing down the same information in a different way, but there is a really big chance that that won’t make it easier to understand for you.

Again, I and many others really want to help you. But again, we need specific questions which we can try to answer, not just complaints.

I admit that I don’t know anything about UX for people with visual impairment, but is a video where some says “you need to click this button in the top right corner and enter something in this field” really easier to understand? I would guess TTS is preferable over images, because at least text is machine processable.

5 Likes

I can only say please explain breifly what you want. I see you didn’t understood anything. But where are you exactly stuck?

I have a ftp program of my computer . But i’m not sure What folder you would put the files for your service. ? and when i try to enter my password for the ftp it telling me wrong and i am using the information on the account info area

got it working . you may close this topic