christlifemagazine.free.nf

Error Message

English translation from the Russian operating system message

I can’t open this page

Website **christlifemagazine.free.nf ** took too long to answer

Не удается открыть эту страницу

Сайт christlifemagazine.free.nf слишком долго отвечал

Other Information

The website was created a few days ago and was live. Then today it cannot be reached from the (Russian-language) PC I am borrowing nor my iPhone.

Hi JJT316,

Would you please provide more information regarding the site you’ve created? How much resources is needed or potentially causing infinite loop when loading the first page?

Cheers!

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind consideration!
It’s a very light website. Maybe 1 mb?
But it’s politically sensitive information. Malicious hacking to suppress the site is the best hypothesis I see.

In that case:
Q1: Does your website contain any forms or file upload?
Q2: Is it WordPress?
Q3: Your website allows registration?

1 Like

I had a look at your website, and it’s down for me too. I see a page saying “The connection has timed out”.

It seems that the IP address your website is hosted on, 185.27.134.223, is currently down, and has been since 7:00 UTC this morning.

Usually, such issues are caused by disabling the IP to stop a DDoS attack, but it may also be a side effect of the PHP version rollback to fix the GD extension issue that many have been suffering from.

In any case, it’s not a problem caused by you or your website, and there isn’t a lot you can do about this except for waiting for the IP address to come back up.

Unfortunately, because I don’t know the exact reason, I cannot give you any estimate as to when the issue will be resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

9 Likes

Thank you greatly for your kind consideration! Answering to the best of my knowledge,

1. No.
  2. No.
  3. No.

Hi JJT316,

In this case, rest assured that as far as the current info shows, your site is not being maliciously targeted as there’s simply no attack surface as reflected by your answers above, and that the timing of sharing with your students happens to be a coincidence.

What admin has replied is more likely the cause.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind consideration! A related question, is there a workaround when there is “an unknown error” when I try to download my htdocs folder from both my InfinityFree websites, both of which are down now? Could you perhaps access and download and email these to me?

The online file manager is not suited for large tasks like that. If you use a desktop FTP client (Like FileZilla), you’ll have better luck.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.