Who is admin?

Probably… I didn’t write it to be accurate though :joy:

9 Likes

So, Is this your job? Or do you volunteer? I bet most hosting websites hire people for money (although it seems otherwise for me because web hosting doesn’t seem like a job in my mind, but I bet it is).

It’s a side job for me. I do have regular employment on the side, but I also get some profit from InfinityFree.

And “web hosting” itself is not really a job, as much as it is a product/service. But it does involve real jobs like customer support, software development, systems administration, sales, marketing, HR, financial administration and more.

23 Likes

infinityfree is 1 of the many resellers of the ifastnet brand. im pretty sure admin is male & yes they are a single person. infinityfree.net however is hosted on google firebase. (may need certification)

2 Likes

firebase?

I thought it was DigitalOcean

(10000 forum users celebration - special event - #494 by Oxy)

I guess I always knew that, lol.

1 Like

What?
Forum Webserver=5$ per month
S3 storage = 10$ month
Cloudfront = 10$ per month
IF Web Server = 5$ per month
Infinityfree.net = 10$ per year
epizy.com = 10$ per year
infinityfreeapp.com = 10$ per year
rf.gd = 10$ per year
42webs.io = 10$ per year.

So totally you pay around 400 $ per year.(This is very high amount in my Country).

So real question= Do you really get profit?

5 Likes

Why ask something like this? let it be the user’s secret, all we have to do is thank all the hard work of the admin who has created this great site and we also have to support the admin by pressing the ad link on the infinityfree site so that admin can benefit :+1:

8 Likes

Umm Sad to say that I am not using infinityfree.
I am using a paid hosting from an another company (not Ifastnet).I just help people here.

BTW I am not forcing admin to reply to this question/reply.

1 Like

your intention is very good to help people solve their problems even though you are not using the infinityfree service, you are a good person :smile:

3 Likes

Not anymore. Everything is hosted with DigitalOcean now. Firebase bandwidth is really expensive, even with aggressive caching from Cloudflare.

If only. Both the client area and Discourse and big, complex web applications with quite a bit of traffic. They don’t work on the smallest tier Droplet.

Again, if only.

.io domains are more expensive than .com domains, starting around $30 per year, depending on the registrar.

And rf.gd, since it’s a “premium domain” (because of the two letters), it’s a lot more expensive than a regular .gd domain. And the regular rate is already around $30 per year.

Email is/was a surprisingly expensive part too. Just sending out all the email confirmations and account status notifications costs already hundreds of dollars per month at most email service providers. All of that is on Amazon SES now, which is really cheap by comparison.

I won’t share the exact finances, but I can tell you that the hosting fees for InfinityFree are a LOT higher than you think they are.

On the other hand, AdSense revenue is really good. I get affiliate commission from iFastNet and NameSilo as well, but that’s a fairly small part of the total revenue. So yes, InfinityFree is profitable.

Which is great, because that means I can keep the service up and running without having to worry about running out of money.

19 Likes

… I only can say that’s very generous.

5 Likes

Well you are so rich(when compared to me)

Yeah I forgot abt the Amazon SES

I included the basic tier bcoz idk which plan you use,anyways the total of the smallest prices go to $400. So my guess is you spend around $800 dollars per year(This is a very very high amount in India).

And most importantly Thanks for giving us the best free hosting service

4 Likes

So u live in India?

You’re not even close.

I’m in the Netherlands where mean income is a lot higher than in India. But the hosting costs are still big enough that most people wouldn’t be able to afford them if they didn’t get any revenue from it. Fortunately, that’s not the case.

And even then the server setup is already quite cost effective. DigitalOcean is already quite a bit cheaper than Google Cloud (which I used before).

13 Likes

Yeah, I live in India

wth.

I was asking Soundar. Yes I put that I live in the US. Is that a problem?

Just kidding, don’t be serious