When trying to renewing SSL certificate

Website URL

www.doslic-consulting.at

Unable to login to your hosting account. Please verify you can login to the control panel from the client area, and reset your account password (through the client area) if this doesn’t work.

(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)

Other Information

When trying to renew my ssl certificate i get this error message (i already reset my password and i am able to login)

Can you share a screenshot of the page where you see this error?

3 Likes

Did you reset it from the client area and does the control panel button in it work?

5 Likes

Hi, the control panel button does work. I am not quite sure what the client area is, but i clicked on the control panel → logged in → changed my password when clicking on my username on the top right corner

This is causing you the issue, I’m afraid.
The client area is where you’re meant to be logging in from - the dashboard: https://dash.infinityfree.com

When you change your hosting account’s password from the control panel directly, the new password isn’t updated in the client area, which results in its tools (like the free SSL certificate one) still attempting to use your old credentials, and failing to login as a result.

You’ll need to synchronize the records by changing your hosting account’s password through the client area:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.