What is HTML template In cloudconvert

I was using the cloudconvert[dot]com html to PDF converter where I uploaded my file normally as MyFile.html but when I used the more advance option in the file, I saw an option as "Html Template ".I uploaded a file there with content as :

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8">
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
  <title>Your Document Title</title>
</head>
<body>
  <div class="header">
    <span class="date">[Date]</span>
    <h1 class="title">[Title]</h1>
    <p class="url">[URL]</p>
    <span class="pageNumber">[Page Number]</span> of <span class="totalPages">[Total Pages]</span>
  </div>
</body>
</html>

But it didn’t work.What is the issue?

Why don’t you continue the communication in your previous topic that I opened 2 days ago?
You unnecessarily open a new topic for every thought that crosses your mind.

When you open topics like this, I first suspect that it is spam and advertising for some online service or that you want more attention by opening a new topic.

6 Likes

Hi Oxy,

More likely this rather than spam, the online service existed since Google offered it a very long time ago and is already very well known, I sometimes use it before I mastered ffmpeg commands.

As to answer the question from @MIR_INAM , the HTML template option is there for applying additional information for the generated PDF file, it is not HTML template but rather for header and footers. Specific class names are used to notate where the respective info should be placed.

The classes are used like following:

<div class="header">
    Page <span class="pageNumber"></span> of <span class="totalPages"></span>
</div>

You might need more than 1 html template files for all the parts CloudConvert has to offer regarding HTML to PDF conversion.

Cheers!

4 Likes

@chiucs123 Please give me a code snippet that I can use to access that feature with its file name.

Hi MIR_INAM,

The feature is not accessed by filename, if that’s what you meant.
If you need the filename to be displayed by using template feature, use the title class in the HTML instead.

<span class="title"></span>

Cheers!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.