Website Hijacked/Redirecting

Hi, I had a free webhosting account with Infinity Free and added a domain that I purchased from a registrar somewhere else, but it wasn’t working for me. I have always had a paid account with another hosting company and when things weren’t working with Infinity Free, I took the domain and SSL certificate off my Infinity Free account and changed the DNS name servers to point back at my paid account with the other hosting company. I did this some time ago now so that they should have updated and switched back to the other host’s name servers (like, 24 hours ago). But when I type in the URL of my domain I’m either getting hijacked or redirected to a site with this URL: iFastNet.com Special offer and Discount Coupon I know this has to do with Infinity Free because there is an ad on the page for their premium service. So my question is, how do i get Infinity Free/iFastNet off my domain so that the website I have on the other host that the name servers are pointing to will show up in my browser? I have used CTRL + F5 to dump the cache and here and there I will get the correct website that I have on the other host, but then when I click on any links in that website, it takes me right back to that suspended webpage from Infinity Free/iFastNet.

Hi, sorry for the second post, but i see that the URL i typed in that my site is redirecting to showed some text instead of the URL. The URL that my domain is redirecting to is: http://suspended-websitecom/b/

You will want to clear your DNS cache.

6 Likes

You’re not being hijacked, this is the result of unfinished DNS propagation, which can take up to 72 hours. Your ISP or DNS provider has to update the change of where the domain points in their records. That’s why it’s leading you to the suspended website page, because InfinityFree’s system doesn’t know where to send you now that the domain is no longer attached to an active account.
To speed up the propagation process, you can try switching to a DNS provider that updates more often, as well as doing a complete clear of your DNS cache as @Greenreader9 suggested.

6 Likes

From the article: Why does my domain redirect to suspendeddomain.org / suspended-website.com

This is completely normal. It’s caused by DNS cache, and we don’t have any control over that.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.