Website down and emails not working

My website URL is: www.lightpath.com.pk

What I’m seeing is: This site can’t be reached.
www.lightpath.com.pk ’s server IP address could not be found.

I’m using this software:
Cloudflare

Additional information: I created account with CloudFlare and added my website to it. After that website went down and i received error msgs. I am using Google G Suite for emails and now email is not working either. I’ve removed website from ClouldFlare but still the same. Can someone please help.

If you enable Cloudflare and then fiddle with the CNAME records created for Cloudflare, you may ruin your DNS settings. To fix this, simply enable Cloudflare from your control panel and then disable it again. That should restore your DNS settings.

Your MX records are looking fine though. So if you’re unable to receive email, that’s not something we can fix.

2 Likes

Hi,

When I try to enable CloudFlare by clicking on the button “Click to Enable” i get this error message
“CLOUDFLARE ERROR : Your lightpath.com.pk’s DNS is hosted by CloudFlare. If you’d like to switch to Byethost, you must first deactivate and then delete “lightpath.com.pk” ;. These options are available in the Settings menu”
Does it mean that cloudflare is already enabled? I am note sure what to do. Please help.
Many Thanks

I’m sorry, I may have jumped to conclusions in my previous post. Or maybe your domain settings have changed since then, I can’t check.

Your domain is currently handled by Cloudflare’s nameservers. That’s a perfectly fine way to set up your website, if you know how to manage your own DNS records correctly.

In this case, like Cloudflare is already warning you, there are DNS records of type A or AAAA for lightpath.com.pk or www.lightpath.com.pk so your website will not work.

To fix this, you will need to add these DNS records. If you’re not sure what to add, please check this article:

https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.