Website doesn't work on HTTPS

Hello,

I’ve used the htaccess method to make the website running better on https but it is worst, ( meaning half of the people trying opening the website they can’t…
I cheched the htaccess file today… there’s a mess of commands repeating deny, deny… by AIOWPS…
should I use another security plugin?

hello!

ok, acleared the security settings of Infinityfree, is normal that checking the folder (by me, the website admin) where there should be some cache page there’s anything?

Can you provide more information? Your posts are a bit vague, currently.

If you still need help with your .htaccess file, can you share its contents?

This part was unclear to me:

Which folder are you checking, what are you expecting to see, and what do you see instead?

9 Likes

Hi mik777,

From what you have described, you have a WordPress installation with AIOWPS installed for security I suppose.

That is the part where the plugin attempted to edit your .htaccess file (a not so good practise) and potentially broke your site. I’m quite sure that you currently have no access to the site as this type of issue often results in the entire site being not accessible.

To restore your site, follow the following steps. I’m sure you can get FTP ready at this point.

1. Enter your hosting account using FileZilla.
  2. Navigate to /htdocs/wp-admin/plugins
  3. Rename the AIOWPS plugin folder with a prefix “x-”
  4. Navigate to /htdocs
  5. Locate the file ‘.htaccess’
  6. Download that file on your local computer and delete it from the hosting.
  7. Rename the file locally on your computer to something else.
  8. Create a new file that name “.htaccess” with the following content.
  9. Upload the file to the server.
# BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

# END WordPress

The above steps basically helps you deactivate the AIOWPS plugin, undo whatever it has done to your .htaccess file and keeps you a copy of it. Then restore the default .htaccess file so you can start fresh with it. Your site content is preserved.

Let us know if you need help with anything else.

Cheers!

6 Likes

The problem is solved, thanks

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.