Unable to create directory wp-content/uploads/2023/08. Is its parent directory writable by the serve

Website URL http://aletrisdigital.epizy.com/wp-admin/customize.php?return=%2Fwp-admin%2F&autofocus[control]=background_image

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message : Unable to create directory wp-content/uploads/2023/08. Is its parent directory writable by the serve

Other Information

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Can you share more details about the issue? Looking at the error message, it seems related to WordPress. What are you trying to do when you’re getting it?

Would creating the wp-content/uploads/2023/08 directory manually help?

5 Likes

hi i was uploading an image which i would use in my wp website, then i got that message error.
wp-content/uploads/2023/08 will help but i dnt know how to do it, i cannot find the root file.honestly there is too much technical steps

The directories should be located in your htdocs folder (if this is the domain you signed up with) or aletrisdigital.epizy.com/htdocs if it was a subdomain you recently added.

While I would assume that it doesn’t, is there a chance your image is exceeding the file size limit?

5 Likes

Or inodes.

6 Likes

Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding!

“Unable to create directory” is most often caused by inodes in my experience. Directories consume pretty much no disk space, so file size limits or storage limits are not the issue. However, directories do consume an inode

And if you check the control panel, you can see that your inode usage is at 99%, which is so close to the limit that it will probably cause problems.

Here you can read more about inodes:

I took a look at your account and I see you have two copies of your website, one in the htdocs folder and one in the aletrisdigital.epizy.com/htdocs. Your domain is linked to the latter folder, so you can safely remove the main htdocs folder and free up a lot of inodes on your account without having to make any changes to your site.

8 Likes

thank you, can you please share steps on how to free safely remove the main htdocs.

Just delete everything inside of it.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.