Unable to connect to server

Website URL

http://home.fishfishh.kesug.com/

Error Message

FTP cannot connect to the server

Other Information

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Unable to connect to server

I do not see any issue. Please initiate ftp transfer within the 20 second window

6 Likes

It could be that FileZilla is giving up, because it doesn’t get a response from the server to begin with. That could be caused by a firewall issue, for example.

If you haven’t done so yet, could you please try the troubleshooting steps from these articles?

8 Likes

After turning off the firewall, the remote server still cannot ping.

and i tried switching vpn on and off

What credentials you have entered to the filezilla? Make sure it is the thing that start with if0_ or epiz_ (hosting account credentials), instead of your client area account credetials.

As shown in the log, the DNS is resolving to the correct IP.

You know you cannot actually turn off firewalls in China. :expressionless:

Does it help or not? If you have vpn on then most of the times it should work.

5 Likes

By the way, I remembered that our ftp address can’t be pinged in the first place. You have to run tcping on port 21 if you really wanted to do so.

5 Likes

Please see:

I’m happy to try to work with you to solve this. But if I then tell you to try something or provide more information, then please do so. I can’t help you solve an issue if you refuse to share the information we need to do so, and ignore the solutions we give you.

6 Likes

It starts with if0_
“You know you cannot actually turn off firewalls in China.”
I did turn off the firewall. If the cause of the error is that I am in China, will I not be able to use this website?
I use a Japanese VPN,It’s useless, the connection keeps timing out
This is still the case until now
I can only use the https://filemanager.ai/ function of the website to upload some files, but recently the website showed that my ftp quota has been exceeded, so the website can no longer do it.

I didn’t ignore the solution you gave me. I read a lot of posts and still couldn’t find a solution before I had to post. I’m very grateful for your help, but my website still can’t connect to ftp.

I ran a couple of tests and there’s no sign of the ftpupload.net being blocked in China, except very few locations and carrirers.

But you said that the thing still doesn’t work with VPN, and you see some warning about the quotas.
For the quota issue see this:

As for the internet issue, me, who also live in China, faced no issue. Try using the same technique shown in this guide

to flush your dns cache.

5 Likes

The quota issue I’m talking about is this
This has nothing to do with my inability to connect to ftp,This is just the error log for https://filemanager.ai/

You may have too many files on your account. Check the inode number in the control panels sidebar.

6 Likes

I think there shouldn’t be too many files, the website is only 3mb after packaging. Now there is no way to upload the 10kb icon.

Please show proof

4 Likes

I meant hosting account, not your pc/laptop

4 Likes

You could also try to upload your website with a desktop FTP client like FileZilla. The file manager can be a bit unstable, especially for larger transfers.

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_tear:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.