Subdomains with cloudflare

My site is risenup.icu. I’m trying to host with InfinityFree but have recently run into an issue. I’d already had an account with Cloudflare, so instead of using the option in VistaPanel, I decided to add it manually by changing my site’s nameservers. Then, trying to add a sub-domain, it didn’t work, could I have messed something up?

Also if someone could help me get SSL that would be AMAZING!!

Thanks so much!

You also need to add a CNAME record with your subdomain’s name as name and @ as target on Cloudflare’s DNS page for your domain after clicking on “Add Record”.
Also, for me SSL works fine on your website. If it doesn’t work, clear your browser cache.

1 Like

@Ergastolator1 Yeah, I got SSL from sslforfree.com. I need to make a CNAME record for my domain and point it to my root domain?

Also I had a sub-domain running, but then after 30 min or so it shut down… Idk why.

Thanks

My website URL is:
http://r-deseretgear.risenup.icu/

What I’m seeing is:
this site can’t be reached

I’m using this software:
WordPress

Additional information:
It has happened twice now, I’ve spent probably about 30 minutes customizing my subdomain on WordPress, then out of the blue my subdomain just shuts down and I can no longer interact with it at all.

I see you’re using Cloudflare’s nameservers, not ours. When using third party nameservers, please make sure you also add a DNS record to your nameservers when you setup a subdomain. It should point to the same IP or main domain as the base domain.

If you use our nameservers, this all happens automatically. But if you use your own nameservers, you need to setup the DNS records for all subdomains manually.

Also, please don’t create multiple topics about the same issue.

1 Like

What type of DNS record should it be? And it just points to the same IP as my site?

You can use an “A” record and point it to the same IP address as your base domain, or use a CNAME record and point it to your account’s main domain, as described here:

https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/

1 Like

Thanks, I actually have another question. I’ve got ssl on my site from sslforfree.com, how would I use the built in feature to get SSL I couldn’t quite figure it out, and/or how do I get SSL from cloudflare, I’ve got it enabled but it’s not showing up.

Why not? What part of the setup was not clear to you?

Just enable Cloudflare on your domain (either using the control panel integration or by moving to Cloudflare’s nameservers) and wait for 24 hours for Cloudflare to setup the certificate. After that, Cloudflare manages the SSL for you, and you can switch your website to HTTPS.

1 Like

Ok, I did that all for cloudflare, but I’m not really worried about that.

However I’m kinda facing a critical issue on my site, whenever I do anything, I get the error. " The response is not a valid JSON response."

this is preventing me from doing anything

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.