SSl Certificate issue with Google Merchant Center

Website URL

(https://merchandisemuseum.kesug.com)

Error Message

(The server side SSL certificate has expired.)

Other Information

(Hello, i have been getting this error message every time i try to apply for google merchant center, what happens is that i install a plugin called Product Feed Manager for WooCommerce that creates a file of my products to add them to google merchant center but it doesnt work because of this annoying error message “The server side SSL certificate has expired.” but what i cant understand is that my ssl certificate is still valid and i issued it straight from infinityfree hosting and is issued from google trust itself and still has about 49 days to expire. What is my issue exactly and how can i fix it?)

Likely due to this

Get a custom domain and use CloudFlare

8 Likes

so unless i get the premium hosting or get a custom domain and link to cloudflare, i cant link my products to google merchant center?

and cant i just link to cloudflare with my current subdomain and fix my issue?

Just

will do

5 Likes

what do you mean “Just will do”

Read

6 Likes

you mean i cant use my subdomain for cloudflare?

i just want to have a clear answer if there is another way to link my woocommerce to google merchant, and do my issue even affect the idea of that or is it a critical thing to do that if i didnt google wont accept my apply for google merchant center?

The SSL implementation on free hosting is limited, which may cause issues with automated checks. It’s likely that the Google Merchant Center issue you’re having is also the result of this.

Cloudflare works because it transfers the SSL implementation to Cloudflare, and away from our hosting. But Cloudflare doesn’t allow free subdomains to be moved to their service, and we don’t provide the means to do so, so you must get your own domain name to use Cloudflare.

Premium hosting has a different, more complete SSL setup, so it doesn’t have this issue.

But the end result is that there is just no way to work around this SSL limitation without spending money: either you need to buy hosting, or buy a domain name.

7 Likes

so there isnt a walkaround method for me to connect my woo commerce to google merchant center without facing my ssl issue?
Because there were four methods, the method i used was the product feed file upload and the others were google sheets, manual product upload, and adding products using API. will any other methods work for me or will i face the same ssl issue again?

I don’t know how Google Merchant Center works, so I can’t tell you. And even if Google supports other methods of adding products, I don’t know which methods are easy to use with WooCommerce.

I wouldn’t expect any issue if WooCommerce can push products to Google. But again, I’m not an expert.

3 Likes

Nevermind, apparently it can be done through Google sheets method, thank anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.