SSL and Hosting problems

Username (epiz_28220215)

Error Message

After I create and setup a SSL key for my site, when I go to my website, I get the following message.

An Error Occurred

Services for this domain name have been disabled.

It only happens very occasionally.

  • Iv’e figured out that this only happens if I have a url with the wrong capitalization
    – For example works but the url with /website instead of /Website does not. I thought this should be cought by a 404 page but I guess not.

Also, using the HTTPS version ( ) I get a different error.
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to the site. Peer reports it experienced an internal error.


The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Other Information

I don’t know what’s causing this. I’ve created the SSL certificate and Installed it following the Infinity Free documentation.

Steps I’ve tried

  • Resetting the SSL keys
  • Clearing Firefox Cache, data, and everything else.
  • Clearing site cookies and data

No issue for me

SSL cert is fine


For error redirect (.htaccess)
there is a path with HTTP instead of HTTPS

But browser cache is certainly one part of problem

1 Like

Glad to see this is working on other devices but this is a little concerning to me as I still randomly get

An Error Occurred
Services for this domain name have been disabled.

And, now it’s even more random then before.

for example, now even going to my 404 page ( returns that error.

Am I running into some sort of cap?

I don’t think that’s what it is but I may be wrong.

And, the SSL certificate will not show up at all no matter what I try.

99% of the time it’s caused by this:

1 Like

OK. I understand that but why is it so unpredictable (the site will work for a while but after a couple of minutes it completely stops working again)?

And, I’ve still not been able to trace it back to any specific reason.

  • Ive tried seeing if uploading files causes it (no)
  • I’ve tried seeing if changes in the CPANEL cause it (no)

Basically, I’m trying to figure out if it is one specific thing triggering this. I haven’t changed any of the DNS settings or stuff like that.

Your network administrator can answer that question better than I can. After all, this is an issue on your network, not with our hosting.

But if I had to guess, maybe your network is configured with a few different DNS resolvers which each have their own cache? And the cache contents don’t match between both resolvers?

It’s most likely DNS caching.


Well, this would make sense.

I am on a college network who hosts their own internet so that would make sense.

Thanks again for the wonderful wisdom!


I just got off of the phone with the tech department, and they did verify the aforementioned statement.
Our network currently has 3 different DNS resolvers, so I agree with your statement. So, it’s just a matter of waiting for all of their DNS resolvers to propagate.

–Walker Dick

1 Like

Sorry to keep reopening this, but I don’t think somethings right with my site. I switched my dns resolver to the Google ip thinking that for sure fix it. I think it is something beyond that now. Even pinging my website does not work.

Now your account seems to be suspended.
Usually it will take 24 hours for it to be automatically restored but you should take actions so it doesn’t happen again.

1 Like

Our servers block ping, so not being able to ping your site is normal. It’s not like you need ping to use a website.

Switching to Google DNS will probably help a lot, Google’s resolvers are fast, reliable and don’t keep cache very long.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.