Site not working

https://member.leadsgenuity.com

Random Urls not working.

Getting intermittent errors like this:
Web server is down

I haven’t uploaded any major code changes and it was tested and working fully, about a week ago after I had uploaded my files. 10/23 is the date when I last uploaded.

Note: I see a new error in the log like this: “CRITICAL - 2023-11-01 17:47:23 → Invalid file: “/CodeIgniter/Shield/Views/magic_link_form.php””

This was never the case and this is standard CodeIgniter code. Sounds like some restrictions have been increased?

Can you please help? Is there something going on in the server?

turn on “Display Errors” in the “Alter PHP” section of your cPanel and see if there are any error messages when you reload the page

5 Likes

Please note that we have been updating servers from PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.2 recently. If your website does not support PHP 8.2, you may have to update your site to make it work again.

6 Likes

I do have the “Display Errors” on for this site:

Error was from Cloudflare showing that “Website is down”. No changes in Cloudflare in recent time.

However, the error is gone now.

1 Like

Yes, I remember reading about it. However, my app is compatible with 8.x and was functioning last week, after the upgrade to 8.2 in InfinityFree, so that doesn’t seem related.

I am curious about this error I reported earlier:
“CRITICAL - 2023-11-01 17:47:23 → Invalid file: “/CodeIgniter/Shield/Views/magic_link_form.php””

Is there internal errors in InfinityFree that can be looked up or I can lookup?

Whatever it was, it is gone now and site is functioning. I will keep observing it.

2 Likes

Looking at the path, it seems more likely that this is a CodeIgniter error than an InfinityFree error. It might have been caused by a hosting error, but I don’t know exactly.

That said, when I check your site now, I see a message saying:

Warning: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/app/Helpers/LogHelper.php) is not within the allowed path(s):

This might actually be the same issue as you get with the view files: you’re referencing file by their absolute paths. When you start a file URL with a /, it means you’re referencing the file relative to the root partition of the server (basically C:\ in Windows land). Because your site isn’t located directly in the root directory of the server, accessing this path won’t work.

Looking at the error log, I think that enabling display_errors is actually breaking your site. I see a warning on the page, and a critical error in the logs saying that ini_set doesn’t work because headers are already sent (which is caused by the error message being displayed).

Seeing how CodeIgniter has it’s own error logging facilities, you can disable display_errors and check the error logs from CodeIgniter if there are any issues.

6 Likes

Thank you. That helped. The issue seemed to be caused by session based login.

Now, I have added some other packages I needed and I saw files getting uploaded and deleted. From the control panel, I see 100% inodes consumed (about 30K) and I will need to remove packages for the site to function.

Now, I have this question: I have 2 other accounts (under my login) each with 0% consumed as I am not using them anymore but they have been allocated 30K inodes each, so total of 60K unused but wasted. I also saw that I can deactivate them but account will be deleted 20~60 days. Can the inodes be reallocated to this main account somehow? Or how can I get to use those 60K inodes? I really need them.

Every single hosting account is limited to 30k inodes, and you’re limited to up to three (active) hosting accounts. There is no way to pool or share resources of multiple accounts. If a single site has higher needs than a single account can provide, please consider migrating it to premium hosting.

4 Likes

Ok, understood. Another question: I have deleted some libraries that I don’t need and the inodes went down to 90%, about 4K still usable. I have two files (2404067 and 2533981 bytes each) which I am trying to copy to my composer folder; they get uploaded and deleted immediately which I can see in FileZilla. I thought size don’t mind as per one article I saw by Admin. If not size what else can be the issue?

If they are PHP files, this limitation is probably what’s causing this:

9 Likes

Thanks! that explains it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.