Site not displaying any files at all.

Since you ask so often for people to say the name of their domain when they support trouble tickets instead of just looking up their account information, my domain is cypher-digital.com.

I’ve had the free account for two or three days now as a test run to see if I wanted to get paid hosting with infinityfree. My site was working briefly. I then took down the test information I had put on there to just toy around and judge the value of this hosting platform and began to put my actual site up. As my actual site uses the PHP Fusion platform and there is a one click installer available I used the one click to speed things up.

At that point my site stopped displaying any files at all in the root directory when my site is viewed in any browser. The file manager and FTP clients show that the files are there, but none are ever displayed in the browser and instead I get the directory listing page which shows no files present.

Rectify this please as I am ready to go to another host and leave very bad reviews for this host.

Update just minutes after posting - now I’m getting 502 bad gateway errors, and I see you’ve had 502 errors regularly in the past.

I’m starting to think the best thing that I can do is move to another host.

I have checked your account and the account is working perfectly. I can’t say the same about your website though, I see a HTTP ERROR 500 on your website, which generally means your website is crashing. You can read more about that here:https://infinityfree.net/support/http-error-500

I have checked the error on your website and found the following message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /home/vol14_7/epizy.com/epiz_21005223/htdocs/inc/header.inc.php:147 Stack trace: #0 /home/vol14_7/epizy.com/epiz_21005223/htdocs/index.php(24): require_once() #1 {main} thrown in /home/vol14_7/epizy.com/epiz_21005223/htdocs/inc/header.inc.php on line 147

Your code tries to call the PHP function set_magic_quotes_runtime(), which was removed on PHP version 7.0. Switching your PHP version to 5.6 should allow your website to load for now (you can do that through the Select PHP Version menu in the control panel), but the root problem is that your software is outdated.

Also thank you for including the domain name right away. Most users have multiple accounts, accounts have multiple domain names. I can look up users based on the forum username, but then I’d still have to go through all accounts and all websites to figure out where the issue actually is. I’d rather spend my time helping people than retracing their steps just to figure out what the problem actually is.

It’s not “my” code. It’s an installation provided by the installer your control panel offers. I have not touched any of the code because I’ve been busy searching for a new host given that my account is two days old and already there’s a ton of issues, from not seeing any files whatsoever on my account, to getting 502 errors that I see are common to your service, to getting a 500 error using the code your company offers.

I’ve purchased hosting elsewhere and won’t be using this host any longer.

@roxofoxer said:
It’s not “my” code. It’s an installation provided by the installer your control panel offers. I have not touched any of the code because I’ve been busy searching for a new host given that my account is two days old and already there’s a ton of issues, from not seeing any files whatsoever on my account, to getting 502 errors that I see are common to your service, to getting a 500 error using the code your company offers.

I’ve purchased hosting elsewhere and won’t be using this host any longer.

I’m sorry to hear you’re leaving us for something we absolutely have no control over.

We offer the Softaculous auto installer. The Softaculous auto installer is built and maintained by Softaculous. The software available in Softaculous is built and maintained by the developers of that software, with Softaculous only providing basic installation services.

We use Softaculous because we can’t maintain hundreds of different applications ourselves and test their compatibility with every possible setting we offer. So apparently, the software you installed is outdated and needs an outdated PHP version to work. Any sensible hosting provider these days is not going to offer a slower, outdated PHP version by default.