Service is useless

I don’t understand what kind of service is this company providing.

I installed WordPress with the idea to test this services and how fast it is. And thinking to change my website to this provider

But now I found after trying several days of using FTP to upload a file… That files can’t be over 10mb… And this can’t be removed even paying?

This is any kind of joke?
So I waste my time trying just to test this services.
I would love to know how someone will have reasons to pay for a hosting service with such limitation for files size in 2024 where a phone picture can be over 10mb?

Premium hosting has no such restriction

This is free hosting. There is no need for you to pay

6 Likes

Migrating to paid hosting removes this restriction. If a paid service had such a restriction, I’d tell you to run away. But you’re not using a paid service, you’re using a free service. You’re not paying for a service with such restrictions, you’re not paying anything at all.

And to be very, very, clear, I would like to quote this part from our website’s home page:

Is InfinityFree a demo, trial or sample for premium hosting?

Absolutely not! InfinityFree is fully featured, completely free website hosting. We provide promotional offers for alternative, premium services for people looking for more, but their services are very different. InfinityFree is not a representation of these offers.

If you would like to know if iFastNet’s premium hosting is a good fit for you, then please try iFastNet’s premium hosting. Don’t use our free hosting and complain it’s not as good as paid hosting. Because it’s not as good, and it’s not paid hosting.

Then you’re using a very different phone than I do, because my phone doesn’t create pictures anywhere near this big.

And even if it did, you shouldn’t put pictures directly from your phone onto your website. Pictures on websites should be compressed, optimized and scaled down, because downloading a page with 10 MB images would be frustratingly slow, and unnecessarily costly if you’re on a metered (mobile) connection. And those optimized images should be way less than 10 MB in size.

We provide storage space for regular website content only, and basically all files on a website should be less than 10 MB.

8 Likes

But now I found after trying several days of using FTP to upload a file… That files can’t be over 10mb… And this can’t be removed even paying?

Well, you can remove this by paying. Buy a paid hosting and boom! Limitation is removed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.