Restore Website

where to find table_prefix variable? and instead of wpXX will put wp_?

hello,

I I just did what you said but now it is not working also, it is another website not the one I have built. I said I have two websites but I want to restore back my WordPress website of sashamaltese.com not the other one cryptofxmasters.com.

Is there anyone I can have any assistance by sending my back up files and someone help me put correctly all the files and restore once and for all both websites?

hello,

I just did what Admin of infinity free said in previous topic but now it is not working also, it is another website not the one I have built. I said I have two websites but I want to restore back my WordPress website of sashamaltese.com not the other one cryptofxmasters.com.

Is there anyone I can have any assistance by sending my back up files and someone help me put correctly all the files and restore once and for all both websites?

Please prove it

1 Like

what to prove? I delete all files now, and I uploaded all the files with zip format (WinRAR), which are included two websites. PLS anyone to help me coz there are lots of days pending to fix this thing?

I looked at your account before. There was one domain name on your account, which had one WordPress installation, which was a clean installation through Softaculous. I checked the database, and there were two WordPress installation there: one from Softaculous, and one which I presume is from a backup you uploaded.

If the website you see now is a different one than you expected, it seems to me like you uploaded the database backup of the wrong website. Our hosting doesn’t do anything special, it just runs the code you provide with the data you provide. It doesn’t magically show a different website unless you set it up that way.

To move forward from here, I would do the following:

1. Verify that you have a working and complete backup of sashamaltese.com.
  2. Delete the current WordPress installation (files and database) from your hosting account with us. The Softaculous uninstall function can probably do that for you.
  3. Upload the backup of your website. Please try to follow the instructions from our website migration guide: How to migrate your website to InfinityFree

If you have two websites, you should have two sets of WordPress files and two databases. You can pack them in a single zip file of course, but then you should know which files and database belong to which website.

5 Likes

I did what you said by changing the $table_prefix variable from wpXX_ to wp_ and it was only changed the domain, from sashamaltese.com it was cryptofxmasters.pro. But it was not restored the website, even the wrong one.

Did you?

3 Likes

Capture1

Here are my back ups I requested again they do not give me separately. How to do it?

Also one more thing, I have uploaded all the back ups I have in zip format (WinRAR) just to make possible someone from infinityfree help me with this issue.

Please figure out which database belongs to your website

3 Likes

How can I see which one? Can I see it as preview somewhere?

I find out the database of sashamaltese.com, and imported to php. Now I should upload again to htdocs all the files of domain sashamaltese. What about other files.
Capture

You have 10 different database backups in there. It’s up to you to figure out which database corresponds to which website.

A good place to start is to check the wp-config.php in the files backup of the website you’re looking to restore. The very first setting in it is the DB_NAME parameter, which as the name suggests, contains the name of the database the site was using. You can usually find a database export with the same name.

Just upload the files of your website to the htdocs folder of the domain you’re restoring it to. Everything else is basically junk files created by the hosting service, just ignore those.

4 Likes

I just did it, but still no wordpress website is shown up. I import the database of sashamaltese by finding the name on php. Also uploaded all files of domain sashamaltese to htdocs. What else?

For starters, let me make one thing very clear:

STOP USING SOFTACULOUS! YOU WANT TO RESTORE A SITE, NOT CREATE A NEW ONE!

You need to migrate your website as instructed in this article: How to migrate your website to InfinityFree

In short:

1. Clear out the htdocs directory of your domain.
  2. Upload the entire WordPress installation from your backup to your account.
  3. Create a new MySQL database to be used for your site.
  4. Import the database backup into the MySQL database.
  5. Update the settings in the wp-config.php of your site (which you uploaded through the backup) to use the database credentials of the database you just set up.

Please, please, please, please just follow our instructions. Please stop coming up with your own way to do it, failing, and then asking us to help when it breaks. I’ve personally probably migrated hundreds of WordPress sites, so please trust me when I say that you’re making things unnecessarily difficult for yourself right now.

4 Likes

Okay I understood I will stop using Softaculous. But I want a video tutorial or something like guide by images to do as you say practically. Because I can’t understand or find any of those if they aren’t explained by images or video. Do you understand me?

Another thing to explain, I got backups from Hostinger as folder shown to images above (WinRAR). I do not have access anymore it expired the hosting I had with them. Even though it will be still active the backups are more than 500MB allowed to use All in One- WP-migration plugin to the old WordPress website.

Leaving aside the fact that using migration plugins is not recommended by either WordPress or by us, and in our experience tend to break most of the time due to hosting limits: you have a full home directory backup and database backups, which no migration plugin will be able to make sense of.

You don’t need to. You have the files and you have the database. So you can skip the export steps, because you already have those contents. You can move on to uploading the files and setting up the database.

3 Likes

I uploaded all the files of my domain sashamaltese.com to htdocs. The other files you said are junk so I left them. I also imported the database of sashamaltese to php admin. Now what are the other steps, I should go to Softaculous and uninstall WordPress? Please explain me, by video or images all the steps I should follow and finally get my website back again. Also will do the same with the other website.