Try following this ^

SQL Imports are usually having the file extension of “.sql”, and not “.zip”

You will then need to upload all the files into the “htdocs” folder

6 Likes

I have uploaded but nothing shows.

Not enough

Did you do this?

5 Likes

How to do when I do not know which type of folder to upload and which one, I found only one sql database and uploaded to sql. Is there anyone who can assist here only to check if I put them correctly or how can I do with video tutorial?

For best practice, if your have two websites, having two databases will provide better clarity.
If everything is lumped into one database, good luck!

If you need more help, provide more info

5 Likes

I checked your account, and I see you have one database which contains multiple WordPress installations. One set of tables appears to have been created by Softaculous, and I’m assuming the other tables are from your backup.

You can choose which set of tables your WordPress installation uses through the wp-config.php file of your site. In it is a variable $table_prefix. It’s currently set to a value that looks like wpXX_. Some of the tables in your database have that same wpXX_ prefix, others only have the wp_ prefix.

So if you change the $table_prefix variable from wpXX_ to wp_, WordPress should start loading all your previous pages, posts, settings, etc.

For future reference: if you want to migrate an existing site, you don’t want to setup a new site. Simply copy ALL files of your website, import the database, update the database credentials, and everything will be as you left it. Transplanting content between installations is much more difficult than just moving the entire installation.

7 Likes

I need help coz I don’t know how to restore

How can I possibly do that to restore my website even though there is one database? Can you help me plz?

You can fix your site by doing what I told you to do:

If something is not clear, please let me know what part is not clear to you.

4 Likes

where to find table_prefix variable? and instead of wpXX will put wp_?

hello,

I I just did what you said but now it is not working also, it is another website not the one I have built. I said I have two websites but I want to restore back my WordPress website of sashamaltese.com not the other one cryptofxmasters.com.

Is there anyone I can have any assistance by sending my back up files and someone help me put correctly all the files and restore once and for all both websites?

hello,

I just did what Admin of infinity free said in previous topic but now it is not working also, it is another website not the one I have built. I said I have two websites but I want to restore back my WordPress website of sashamaltese.com not the other one cryptofxmasters.com.

Is there anyone I can have any assistance by sending my back up files and someone help me put correctly all the files and restore once and for all both websites?

Please prove it

1 Like

what to prove? I delete all files now, and I uploaded all the files with zip format (WinRAR), which are included two websites. PLS anyone to help me coz there are lots of days pending to fix this thing?

I looked at your account before. There was one domain name on your account, which had one WordPress installation, which was a clean installation through Softaculous. I checked the database, and there were two WordPress installation there: one from Softaculous, and one which I presume is from a backup you uploaded.

If the website you see now is a different one than you expected, it seems to me like you uploaded the database backup of the wrong website. Our hosting doesn’t do anything special, it just runs the code you provide with the data you provide. It doesn’t magically show a different website unless you set it up that way.

To move forward from here, I would do the following:

1. Verify that you have a working and complete backup of sashamaltese.com.
  2. Delete the current WordPress installation (files and database) from your hosting account with us. The Softaculous uninstall function can probably do that for you.
  3. Upload the backup of your website. Please try to follow the instructions from our website migration guide: How to migrate your website to InfinityFree

If you have two websites, you should have two sets of WordPress files and two databases. You can pack them in a single zip file of course, but then you should know which files and database belong to which website.

5 Likes

I did what you said by changing the $table_prefix variable from wpXX_ to wp_ and it was only changed the domain, from sashamaltese.com it was cryptofxmasters.pro. But it was not restored the website, even the wrong one.

Did you?

3 Likes

Capture1

Here are my back ups I requested again they do not give me separately. How to do it?

Also one more thing, I have uploaded all the back ups I have in zip format (WinRAR) just to make possible someone from infinityfree help me with this issue.

Please figure out which database belongs to your website

3 Likes