Question (MOFH)

Hello. I have a general mofh question: how can you edit the error pages / redirects from the client area on InfinityFree? The mofh api does not say you can do that.

Hey there, try this

1 Like

I asked how InfinityFree added support for changing the redirects, add dbs, etc to the client area, this hosting uses mofh (my own free host), and they don’t provide apis for redirects, databases, error pages, etc so that’s why I was asking.

My apologies. Let me be clear, are you asking whether InfinityFree supports redirects for error pages, etc.?

1 Like

Figure it out yourself. Lack of API support does not mean it cannot be done.

7 Likes

It’s a custom script.

And with your behavior here in the past, I don’t think anyone is going to be inclined to share with you.

10 Likes

Have you considered asking on the Byet forums, a more appropriate place of discussions around MOFH?

I’ll give you a small hint: Are you sure this is done through the MOFH API?
Custom implementations can utilize anything, from making an FTP connection and updating a .htaccess file, to making a connection to VistaPanel itself and using its tools to achieve the result.

9 Likes

This. The Redirects, Protected Directories and Error Pages tool all work by connecting to the hosting account over FTP and modifying the .htaccess file of the site. This is why the options in the client area tend to be a bit more versatile than those in the control panel, like Redirects being less finicky with special characters in URLs, and error pages supporting file actions and not just URLs.

That’s how the sausage is made. If you want it too, you’re going to have to make it yourself because the client area code is my code, and I will not share it.

8 Likes

It happened like two years ago, I don’t even remember. But anyway, I did not even ask for the code, I just asked how.

Thanks for clarifying. One more question, I did understand the part with error pages / protected directories, but there isn’t any db / domains and subdomains api, so how is this done?

I’m also not asking for the code at all, I just asked how it’s made.

You could program something which logs into vpanel and takes action regarding things on the user’s behalf in backend.

5 Likes

Considering you went right back to that topic and asked for it to be deleted again, I think you do remember.

Basically this:

So creating your own API

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.