PHP update broken site

Website URL

http://myboardgames.epizy.com

Error Message

Not getting one

Other Information

Update php version to 7. has broken my site I was running on 5.6.20

That’s impossible, as all servers have been running PHP 7.4 for quite a long while. In fact, the recent upgrade is bringing PHP 8.2.

In any case, can you enable “Display Errors”?

6 Likes

That is interesingt because my website just stopped working, I know it is using mysql_connect not mysqli_conenct. I have not made any changes to the index page at all.

This function has been removed since PHP 7, so I guess you have a lot of updating you need to do…

4 Likes

Yep but until a couple of days ago the website was working which is why I asked about the update

You need to give that code a touch buddy, leaving that with severely outdated standards is never a good idea.

It means that they upgraded the PHP version of the volume which hosts the code recently.

6 Likes

Your site has been upgraded to PHP 7 at least a year ago already.

We ran a patched version of PHP 7 that allowed people to use mysql_ style functions on PHP 7, despite these functions not actually existing in the official PHP 7 code. It appears that this patch has not been carried over to PHP 8.

So I think you now urgently need to do what you should have done 8 years ago already: rewrite your code to use mysqli_ functions instead of mysql_.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.