OpenCart Not Working

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)
http://superbazar.great-site.net/

Error Message

Warning : is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/vol19_2/infinityfree.com/if0_34915332/ocartdata/storage/modification/system/library/request.php) is not within the allowed path(s):

(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)
Warning : is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/vol19_2/infinityfree.com/if0_34915332/ocartdata/storage/modification/system/library/request.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/php_sessions:/tmp:/var/www/errors:/usr/share/pear:/home/vol19_2/infinityfree.com/if0_34915332/htdocs) in /home/vol19_2/infinityfree.com/if0_34915332/htdocs/system/startup.php on line 62 Warning : is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/vol19_2/infinityfree.com/if0_34915332/ocartdata/storage/modification/system/library/response.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/php_sessions:/tmp:/var/www/errors:/usr/share/pear:/home/vol19_2/infinityfree.com/if0_34915332/htdocs) in /home/vol19_2/infinityfree.com/if0_34915332/htdocs/system/startup.php on line

Other Information

(other information and details relevant to your question)
Earlier there was showing 3 version (3.0.3.8, 2.3.0.2, 1.5.6.4) in opencart. Before install there was option to select the version. As I checked earlier 2.3.0.2 was installed perfectly. Others 2 was not working, showing error.

Now there is no option to select the version. Only 3.0.3.8 version is there. After install it is showing big error message as I mentioned in both website and admin panel.

So I request you please enable the option to select the version. So at least I can install 2.3.0.2 version and it can work.

Please response to this issue as soon as possible.
Waiting for reply.

Thanks

The issue here is caused by the fact that OpenCart recommends, and Softaculous does this by default, that the data directory for OpenCart is stored outside of the htdocs directory. But our servers are configured so that PHP scripts from a single domain can only access files from within their own htdocs directory. PHP scripts cannot read other files from your account, such as those from other websites.

I’ve never used OpenCart myself, but I believe there are ways to work around this:

I assume you’re referring to Softaculous here? Because if so, that would be a Softaculous feature, which is not something we can change.

For most scripts, Softaculous only offers a single version of the software, which is usually the latest. In some cases they offer multiple versions, in which case they offer a dropdown to select the version. But even in those cases, they only offer a few versions usually.

If you want to install software and Softaculous doesn’t have the desired version, you will have to install it by hand.

We always do. And if we don’t, asking for a fast answer isn’t going to change that.

7 Likes

Thanks for quick response.

As you mentioned error was coming due to data directory outside of htdocs, so I checked.
It is correct. In 2.3.0.2 version it was within htdocs, but in 3.0.3.8 version it is creating data directory out of htdocs.

So I thought to change the data directory while installing, I have given path under htdocs and it worked. Both website and admin panel is working.now. Seems everything resolved.
I will update the site as per my requirement.

If anything will require I will inform you.

Thanks a lot for your support.
Bishwaraj Nayak

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.